• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What rights do step parents have???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
psfunkytek said:
Giving step-mom power of attorney to stand for him in court is NOT the same as having power of attorney to get custody of the kid!!! That's like saying that her husband could give his new wife the deed to mom's house while he's gone. Stepmom can take care of HIS business while HE is gone, but mom is here and and stepmom does NOT get to take care of, nor does she have any power of attorney over bio mom. I'm surprised no one has said this, but dad may NOT have any control over his deployment, but he does have control over his phone, his mail and his mouth and he should have told bio mom that he was leaving and I'm guessing the judge will NOT like that he did not. On the other hand, OP didn't say how old her son is, but does your son not want to come back to you? Not that it matters, Ldij is right, she has no rights to the child. Since mom has another child in her custody, I assume mom hasn't been ruled unfit by a court.

No one is saying step mom has rights over bio mom what is being said, very clearly I must add, is that step mom can stand up for dad in court to uphold his right to his child and his right to a voice. You guys are not reading what is posted nor are you giving accurate advice.

Furthermore if you read her lastest update you will find that we were giving her true info becuase the arkansas court ordered BIO mom to send this child back to step mom and dads house meaning that step mom did have the legal right to file the papers and arguements on her husbands behalf, not for herself, on her husbands behalf. He request was denied. Now my thinking is that if step mom didnt have the legal right to uphold her husbands rights dont you think the outcome would have been different? I do!

TSGTSWIFE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">