• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What is "unfit parent" law in texas?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Zephyr

kimberlywrites said:
What is the name of your state? TX

On what grounds can a father request pri**** custody of his children?

are there any current orders or is this a new divorce?

kimberlywrites

Thanks for your response. If you read my last post called "pri**** custodial parent in Texas?" it will give you the history...
eager to hear your thoughts.

acmb05

On the grounds

kimberlywrites said:

That he loves his children and wants them to live with him. If he wants pri**** physical custody all he has to do is ask for it in his papers when he files or answers your petition.

I should add that just because he asks does not mean he will get it.

Last edited:

casa

kimberlywrites said:

Since judges do not like to change existing custody orders~ Most states require a substantial change in circumstance. Look up TX domestic code for "change in circumstance" and see if the situation fits. Typically it would involve abuse/neglect/incarceration/rehab or drug related offenses etc.

Zephyr

casa said:
Since judges do not like to change existing custody orders~ Most states require a substantial change in circumstance. Look up TX domestic code for "change in circumstance" and see if the situation fits. Typically it would involve abuse/neglect/incarceration/rehab or drug related offenses etc.

casa they are just starting the divorce process....

kimberlywrites

I didn't mean to post info in two threads, but I can tell you THIS one has generated more answers than my first one.
Does life EVER get back to normal? Sheesh.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">