• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what's "Case On Inactive Calendar"?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

foj333

I'm in Arizona. My wife is in the middle of a legal process for the custody of her and her ex-boyfriend's son. It's been 6 months now and it seems not to have a near end and I'm about to move to Mars. In the case history we recently noted that the last line says:

"6/8/2005 078 - ME: Case On Inactive Calendar ".

Can somebody help me know what does it means exactly?.

Thanks. :confused:

LdiJ

foj333 said:
I'm in Arizona. My wife is in the middle of a legal process for the custody of her and her ex-boyfriend's son. It's been 6 months now and it seems not to have a near end and I'm about to move to Mars. In the case history we recently noted that the last line says:

"6/8/2005 078 - ME: Case On Inactive Calendar ".

Can somebody help me know what does it means exactly?.

Thanks. :confused:
That means that no action has been taken on the case for long enough that the court has moved it to inactive status.

Who filed the case originally? In whose physical custody is the child now?

foj333

LdiJ said:
That means that no action has been taken on the case for long enough that the court has moved it to inactive status.

Who filed the case originally? In whose physical custody is the child now?
The 4 year old kid is currently living with us (his mom and me). The case was originally filed by his dad with absolutely no base or support of any kind. Ok, law is not my field but I will try to explain the situation. The guy has no job (actually he quit on purpose to avoid paying child support), no education, no place of his own, he's a proven drug addict, has several court records here in Arizona and Iowa, has broken into our apartment more than once and have stolen personal items, 31 years old and supported by his mother. My wife has an order of protection against him which he has broken several times and police seems to be unable to do nothing to avoid it with no hard evidence. I have tried to stay away but I can't help watching how this is not evolving and how this is affecting our relationship, I don't know if it's a bad lawyer of hers or a clever attorney of his. Last march the court set a date for The Resolution Management Conference for the 24 of May and the very day before his attorney came up with some excuse to postpone the date which has not been set so far. My wife said her lawyer can't do nothing about it, just wait. Ok, is this true? Or should we get another lawyer. All we want is to set the rules of visitation and custody as soon as possible so we can go on with our lives without the constant harassment of this guy because of lack of legal written rules. My wife, on the other hand, is letting her son to see his father every other weekend, even though he doesn't respect the informal visitation terms and once he even kept him against his will and my wife's consent for 10 days with no communication. Is there's any legal hope for us to live in peace? This limbo is becoming really unbearable. Thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">