• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Whats the next step?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

Desperate Mom

What is the name of your state? Utah

I am going to be as candid as possible, so please be honest without passing judgement. At the end of August 2003, without much notice I became homeless. My father offered to take my two boys with him back to Tennessee so I could take the time to get back on my feet. (I previously lived in TN, worked full-time, live at the same residence 7 yrs, all on my own, with only a high school education). I ended up in the wrong crowd in Ut (my sister & mom) and started using meth and I confessed this to my father. The day they left I stopped using. 1 month later my stepmother had slipped and told me my father went to court and got temp custody. He assured me that it was just to register them into school. Hearing that I slipped. Then I happened to call my fathers attorney to request the court papers only to find out there was another hearing in 5 days for full custody. And because I could not get to TN in that time frame he was awarded full custody. The papers he filed made accusations that I abandonded, neglected, and abused my boys which makes me sick! My father told me he would have the papers re-written because even he thought they were harsh but standard. Anyway, up until Feb 28 I was stuggling to go longer than a month being sober. I have been sober since that date but have been struggling to find work. I recently recieved a call from an adoption agency in TN asking me if I was willing to give up my rights. My own dad want to give my kids away!! I said HELL NO and now it looks like we are gonna go to court for a judge to decide. I have no idea the date, my father tells me nothing. I know I need to get to TN, but I have no idea once I get there what to do first. I know get a job, but what kind of paperwork? I have some documents and statements from people (respectable) of the care and conditions my children lived under while here, should I take that? I'm really a good mother that has made bad decisions and have been paying since they left. We have never been apart and I'm scarred my dad is going to make me loose them. :(

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">