• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

When can the child decide where they want to live?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

toothfairy

When is it legal for the child to decide where they want to live? I am the step mother of a twelve year old that wants to come and live with her dad and me. Her life at her mothers is nothing but constant turmoil. When we take her back to them it is like watching Dr. Jekle and Mr Hyde. The child is terrified of telling her mother this because as she puts it she will go ballistic. She has tried numerous times to explain to her mother that she thinks it is time for her to live with her dad since she has been with her for the last twelve years. I am looking for any advice that any one can offer.

T

toothfairy

When can a child decide where they want to live ?

I live in Mississippi, sorry I didn't mention that, I thought it meant in my profile.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">