• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

When the kids are with their father

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

forhope123

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Alabama
Are there any laws that prohibit my ex-spouse from participating in any type of sexual activity with his girlfriend when my three minor children are in his home? Also, any laws prohibiting a adult not related by blood or marriage to spend the night at my ex-spouse's house when the kids are present?

Proserpina

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Alabama
Are there any laws that prohibit my ex-spouse from participating in any type of sexual activity with his girlfriend when my three minor children are in his home? Also, any laws prohibiting a adult not related by blood or marriage to spend the night at my ex-spouse's house when the kids are present?

How on earth do you think you're going to enforce that? How do you know when they're having sex?

There may have been a case for having a "no paramour" clause until the divorce was finalized but now? I cannot see that happening. Nor do I see a court ordering a "no unrelated adult" clause - that would prohibit friends from staying the night which is frankly ridiculous.

However, there IS an Alabama expert who posts excellent advice. Standby.

Let me understand this correctly....

You want it on a court document that dad can't boink his bed buddy in his own house because your kids are there?

OK, now while I can understand no one want certain actions going on in FRONT of the kids...seriously did you think before you typed?

But to play devil's advocate, Let me toss out this scenario....

All the kids are asleep for the night. Dad and his girlfriend are in THEIR room, door closed and they are having their happy fun time. Kids are NO WHERE around them or near them. You have a problem with that?

And as for Dad not having guests over when your children are at dad's during HIS visitation time. Not likely to happen, unless this woman is an insane psycho drug using freak, the odds of even trying to request that are about a bazilion to one...

So by the same token, then dad can take you to court for the exact same thing and YOU can abide by the same rules too. What's good for the goose is good for the gander no?

You sound a bit bitter and want to control things....not happening cup cake;)

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">