• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

When My PFA order expires, does the visitation that is entered in the order expire?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

curiousme22

Pittsburgh, PA

I have a PFA entered against my ex who is also my son's father and we have visitations set up through the PFA only so I am wondering if when the PFA expires does the visitation order expire as well or will it stay in effect? PLEASE HELP, I AM GOING OUT OF MY MIND WONDERING!!!!

LdiJ

Pittsburgh, PA

I have a PFA entered against my ex who is also my son's father and we have visitations set up through the PFA only so I am wondering if when the PFA expires does the visitation order expire as well or will it stay in effect? PLEASE HELP, I AM GOING OUT OF MY MIND WONDERING!!!!
Was there a visitation order prior to the PFA and then the PFA set up something different? Or was there no order at all?

If there was a visitation order prior to the PFA then most likely visitation would revert back to the original order. If there was no order prior to the PFA then dad would have to go to court to set up visitation once the PFA expires.

I think though that you need to be realistic about this. If dad and the child have formed a relationship dad is likely to file for visitation and will likely get something...even if its limited. If dad hasn't exercised any visitation via the PFA then he may not care and may not file.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">