• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

who can I write to?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

ellaine

What is the name of your state? TX
I am in a custody battle in OK, we have discovered that my ex has a friend working for the judge hearing our case. We have also been denied the opportunity to inform the judge of my ex's abusive past and child molestation. My attorney who was dismissed from the case would not tell the judge about any of it and I am supposed to go to court on Aug. 30 and I have no attorney now. Is there anyone I can write that might be able to help?

Why was your attorney dismissed? If I were you, I'd be looking for a new attorney. If it gets down to the wire, he could motion for a continuance, since he just got your case and hasn't had enough time to prepare. I don't know if writing to anyone would help you.

E

ellaine

The judge allowed him to dismiss himself since I would not pay for my ex's evaluation with a Dr. He said that I was being difficult and I explained that I just couldn't afford to do it. The judge said since we had difference of opinion that he could leave the case. I am trying to find a new attorney but don't have any money and I have already borrowed from everyone. I don't know what else to do.

Oh, I do remember your post about that.

I hope someone can give you some good advice. . If the judge thinks you're being difficult with your attorney, and he lets him dismiss himself, I'm afraid that writing a letter to someone, saying that your ex's friend works for the judge would make things worse if the judge finds out about it.

E

ellaine

Probably but you can tell she hates me already, so what do I have to loose. I am at the end of my rope and slipping fast! She won't listen to anything I have to say.

Just a question...Did your ex do time for the molestation? Was he found guilty? Because if he wasn't, then to some judges, it is as if it never happened. You know, the whole innocent until proven guilty...

E

ellaine

He was 13 and was put into a boy's home and then attempted it again with my 9 year old step-sister. Like I said I feel like i've already lost and am loosing hope everyday. I have raised my son alone for 3 1/2 years without child support and he decides that he is going to take my son so he doesn't have to pay child support. What kind of system do we have that would allow a man to do this?

Since he was a juvenile, it probably won't count in court. I can tell you that a judge won't take him away from you unless he can prove that you are unfit and that he is better with your ex. But a judge won't like that he's never paid any support but that now he wants custody. However, with the situation you are in with this judge, I don't know.

L

Lil Miss Smarty Panties

I don't know if this will help or not but my husbands attorney put in a request to change judges. For the life of me I can't think what it is called. It was granted. I don't know who you would ask but maybe since I threw that out there someone can tell you what it is called and how to file for it. Sounds like you definately need to.

change of venue maybe???

E

ellaine

I have thought about that but didn't know how to go about it or what kind of reasoning you needed to do it. We did a change of venue but that was to try and bring the case to texas, I will see if it is the same thing for changing judges. Thank you all for your advice.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">