• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Who else enforces orders?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CMSC

Nebraska

I have tried to no avail to get my county attorney to enforce my support order and to have CSE enforce it before the arrears gets out of hand. It states right in my order that my ex is subject to immediate income withholding. It also states that if he is one month behind he will be brought before the court to explain why he has not paid, well he is two months behind and nothing is happening. I live in a small town where there are not that many active support cases and I want an answer from someone as to why they are not following my court order. It also says as soon as he establishes a job we will set a permanent order and that has not happened either.

My question is who else can I get involved in this? I tried the federal child support enforcment website but I only saw links to direct me to my state. Does anyone have the email addy for them?

Thanks!:D

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

ryry's mom said:
Nebraska

I have tried to no avail to get my county attorney to enforce my support order and to have CSE enforce it before the arrears gets out of hand. It states right in my order that my ex is subject to immediate income withholding. It also states that if he is one month behind he will be brought before the court to explain why he has not paid, well he is two months behind and nothing is happening. I live in a small town where there are not that many active support cases and I want an answer from someone as to why they are not following my court order. It also says as soon as he establishes a job we will set a permanent order and that has not happened either.

My question is who else can I get involved in this? I tried the federal child support enforcment website but I only saw links to direct me to my state. Does anyone have the email addy for them?

Thanks!:D
My response:

You are the one who must exercise your own rights under the current court order. You do that by filing your own "Order to Show Cause - Re: Contempt of Court" and then have that document served on him. It will have the date, time and courtroom information for his, and your, appearance in court. Get the form from your Family Law court clerk.

IAAL

CMSC

IAAL, do you know how my hard my heart leaped through my throat when I saw you responded? I figured you were going to me that I am an idot, couldn't think of anything else because I know I put my state in there!:p

Thanks for the advice. I did go to the courthouse and they are the one's who told me to get the county attorney to do it because it is he job. I will try it again. I have tried for the last 3 weeks to do this and was never offered the paperwork to file. I also have tried to get a permanent order established but was told "it is the county attorney's job."

We have public officials that we are paying to do this, why is it not their responsibility?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

County officials are overloaded and underfunded. They can only do so much, and must, with their limited funds, work on the most egregious of cases.

So, when you run into a brick wall, you don't just sit there. You take the ball and you run with it yourself. You do whatever it takes to handle matters by "flying over, going around, or digging a tunnel" - - but, you get the job done. Don't depend upon others to do things for you in a timely fashion. They don't, and they won't. If you want something done, you study by getting the necessary books at your bookstore, and you make a hole in that brick wall to get what you want and need.

Good luck to you.

IAAL

CMSC

Tomorrow at 8:00 a.m. the brick wall to the courts will be knocked down! Thanks for the advice!:D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">