• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Who gets my grandchild

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

brianic1

The state is kentucky. Some one called the social services on daughter for
no reason, they said my grandchild is to skinny but theres food in the cabinets. We think that the baby's other grandmother is helping the real to
father get custody. Theres a stepdad who is like a father to her, the real Dad
was never around, late on child support,sometimes not at all. He went into the service and still no support. Can he get custudy.

brianic1 said:
The state is kentucky. Some one called the social services on daughter for
no reason, they said my grandchild is to skinny but theres food in the cabinets. We think that the baby's other grandmother is helping the real to
father get custody. Theres a stepdad who is like a father to her, the real Dad
was never around, late on child support,sometimes not at all. He went into the service and still no support. Can he get custudy.

What did social services find? If he can prove that he is more fit to parent the child than the mother, then yes, he can get custody. He will have to PROVE her unfit though, which is why it is important that we know what social services said.

kat1963

Child support & visitation/custody are 2 seperate issues. The judge isn't going to care if he's late or behind in payments. The judge will make a ruling based on the best interest of the child. Now, what's the rest of the story? How old & just where is the child now?
KAT

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">