• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Who pays the lunch money!!!!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

BarbaraNewhook

A friend of mine is recently divorced with two minor children, yet she is still struggling with her ex-husband over stupid, petty things, which he seems to continue to initiate. The divorce is final, but remarkably these stupid things he keeps bringing up cause so much conflict...

They live in Florida and have "joint custody", my friend was allowed to contiue to live in the marital home with the children, the ex-husband pays $200 per week child support. Tuesday and Thursday the girls spend the night at Dad's, and every other weekend.

Tonight, while picking up the girls, the ex-husband demanded that my friend pay him $2.00 each for their lunch money for tomorrow. His position is that he has already paid it, by giving her the child support. My friends position is that when the girls are with him, he pays for these things, just as she pays for any/ and all incidentals which come up when they are with her.

I can't find anything in any of the Florida Support Information which addresses this. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thank You. Barb Newhook

LegalBeagle

BarbaraNewhook said:
A friend of mine is recently divorced with two minor children, yet she is still struggling with her ex-husband over stupid, petty things, which he seems to continue to initiate. The divorce is final, but remarkably these stupid things he keeps bringing up cause so much conflict...

They live in Florida and have "joint custody", my friend was allowed to contiue to live in the marital home with the children, the ex-husband pays $200 per week child support. Tuesday and Thursday the girls spend the night at Dad's, and every other weekend.

Tonight, while picking up the girls, the ex-husband demanded that my friend pay him $2.00 each for their lunch money for tomorrow. His position is that he has already paid it, by giving her the child support. My friends position is that when the girls are with him, he pays for these things, just as she pays for any/ and all incidentals which come up when they are with her.

I can't find anything in any of the Florida Support Information which addresses this. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thank You. Barb Newhook
You can not find anything because law is not written to allow from every stupid and petty action that exists. Otherwise the FL state statutes would be 431 volumns.

The question is.. what is the father going to do if she does not give the lunch money ? send them to school with no food or money ? ... the moment he does that, haul his ass into court for neglect.

Your friends best approach is a certified letter to him.. explain that if he sends the children to school with no food or money then you will be reporting him for neglect to CPS and also taking him to court to amend the visitation based on him being unable to look after the children. She would probably have a good case if it was presented in the right way..

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">