• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Who is responsible for medical bills?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

Corvette911

michigan Three years ago, my live-in boyfriend and i had a baby. We have legally established paternity. At the time of the baby's birth i was covered by medicaid insurance. i have three other children from my first marriage and they were also on medicaid. my boyfriend lived with us and i reported to the family independance agency (for medicaid) that he did when i applied, and i turned in his pay stubs every month. my boyfriend has been employed at the same company for 6 years but they do not offer insurance. today we recieved notice (after 3 years) that an order for income withholding has been issued through the friend of the court and they will be taking $11 a week until $3,267.82 is paid for "confinement expenses". we do not understand why after three years he is being held responsible, when they knew his income($11.00per hour) and our living arrangement three years ago. we have never recieved any other notice, bills, statements, etc. Please help!!

LegalBeagle

Corvette911 said:
michigan Three years ago, my live-in boyfriend and i had a baby. We have legally established paternity. At the time of the baby's birth i was covered by medicaid insurance. i have three other children from my first marriage and they were also on medicaid. my boyfriend lived with us and i reported to the family independance agency (for medicaid) that he did when i applied, and i turned in his pay stubs every month. my boyfriend has been employed at the same company for 6 years but they do not offer insurance. today we recieved notice (after 3 years) that an order for income withholding has been issued through the friend of the court and they will be taking $11 a week until $3,267.82 is paid for "confinement expenses". we do not understand why after three years he is being held responsible, when they knew his income($11.00per hour) and our living arrangement three years ago. we have never recieved any other notice, bills, statements, etc. Please help!!
Someone has obviously decided that he could have paid for your own private health insurance and therefore the state should not have to pay.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">