• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wife cheated, took kids

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dreynoldstx

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

I live in Victoria TX, my wife cheated on me starting 2 months ago. We have a 17 month old girl and a 4 year old girl. She has since decided to divorce me and leave me for this other man (but shes done nothing legal wise yet) and shes put down a deposit on an apartment NEXT DOOR to this guy, who is also im aware of on probation for robbery, or burglary, or something like that. She spends most of her time with my children at his house, his mom babysitting them.

I really feel they will have a horrible life if they end up with her. Family is telling me to take the kids away from her and hide them at my cousins house untill legal proceedings can take place. I'm wondering if thats a good idea? a lawyer told my cousin when she was going through similar thing that having the kids prior to the proceedings helps alot. I don't know what to do. Please.. help. I love my kids way more than she does (she's constantly yelling at them, won't cook or clean for them, this was constant battle during our relationship) I wasn't the best husband. But I'm a good father. My daughter who's 4 was so excited about goin to schoolbut now if she moves into this apartment she changes districts and can't go cause she didnt register intime.

Proserpina

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

I live in Victoria TX, my wife cheated on me starting 2 months ago. We have a 17 month old girl and a 4 year old girl. She has since decided to divorce me and leave me for this other man (but shes done nothing legal wise yet) and shes put down a deposit on an apartment NEXT DOOR to this guy, who is also im aware of on probation for robbery, or burglary, or something like that. She spends most of her time with my children at his house, his mom babysitting them.

I really feel they will have a horrible life if they end up with her. Family is telling me to take the kids away from her and hide them at my cousins house untill legal proceedings can take place. I'm wondering if thats a good idea? a lawyer told my cousin when she was going through similar thing that having the kids prior to the proceedings helps alot. I don't know what to do. Please.. help. I love my kids way more than she does (she's constantly yelling at them, won't cook or clean for them, this was constant battle during our relationship) I wasn't the best husband. But I'm a good father. My daughter who's 4 was so excited about goin to schoolbut now if she moves into this apartment she changes districts and can't go cause she didnt register intime.

Do NOT hide the children from your wife. Currently, you have equal rights to the children but hiding them can land you in a LOT of trouble. It can in some instances become a criminal offense.

What you can do is file for divorce and request temporary custody.

And seriously do NOT go into court saying you love your kids more than she does.

crystaljmhc

Do NOT hide the children from your wife. Currently, you have equal rights to the children but hiding them can land you in a LOT of trouble.
Yes without a DOUBT Do NOT hide them from her EVEN if you fear she will flee the state with them. This is an unfortunate situation and simply requires you to act tomorrow morning by getting an atty and get temporary custody.

But please do NOT hide them from you. You will not fair well.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">