• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Will I get visitation because of my spouses's arrest

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

thisisit2016

texas

I am a mother of a 10 year old boy. My new husband and I have been fighting a lot and this has gotten back to my ex. My husband has trouble keeping things to himself when he is upset.

We also had an issue where a fight between us ended up with me tripping and falling and breaking a wrist. the doctor called the police and my husband has been arrested for a felony for aggravated assault.

My ex husband called an emergency hearing to get full custody of my son. I went to court last week and the judge said he wanted me to have a psych analysis to see if I had battered wife syndrome and would let me us know today (Monday) if he wanted supervised visit only for me until my test was done and a counselor met with my son.

I am wondering what my chances are....and IF it's monitored visits -- what would that look like?? Would it be just reduced visits or literally a court appointed person watching my every move in my home?

What should I expect?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
texas

I am a mother of a 10 year old boy. My new husband and I have been fighting a lot and this has gotten back to my ex. My husband has trouble keeping things to himself when he is upset.

We also had an issue where a fight between us ended up with me tripping and falling and breaking a wrist. the doctor called the police and my husband has been arrested for a felony for aggravated assault.

My ex husband called an emergency hearing to get full custody of my son. I went to court last week and the judge said he wanted me to have a psych analysis to see if I had battered wife syndrome and would let me us know today (Monday) if he wanted supervised visit only for me until my test was done and a counselor met with my son.

I am wondering what my chances are....and IF it's monitored visits -- what would that look like?? Would it be just reduced visits or literally a court appointed person watching my every move in my home?

What should I expect?
You really need an attorney - there's no way we can guess at the outcome of your matter.

thisisit2016

I have hired a lawyer...but I don't want to rack up the charges. I just wondered what visitation usually looks like?

Once a week? In my house? In my ex's house? What happens?

You really need an attorney - there's no way we can guess at the outcome of your matter.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I have hired a lawyer...but I don't want to rack up the charges. I just wondered what visitation usually looks like?

Once a week? In my house? In my ex's house? What happens?
Again, there is no way we can guess as to what the outcome of YOUR case will be. There is no "usually" in matters such as yours - they are fact-specific matters.

Proserpina

texas

What should I expect?
Is this you? http://www.expertlaw.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195600

mommyanme

And back again thinking no one can remember this horror story :rolleyes:
Stepdad did finally admit all the posts were his and not Mom's.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
texas

What should I expect?
You should expect to choose between your jerk husband and your son. The kid deserves a parent who will put him first. IF you choose your husband? Expect to see your son under supervision by someone else. Hopefully a third party who will not be swayed by your sob story.

And please - get your tubes tied. You should not spawn again.

RRevak

You should expect to choose between your jerk husband and your son. The kid deserves a parent who will put him first. IF you choose your husband? Expect to see your son under supervision by someone else. Hopefully a third party who will not be swayed by your sob story.

And please - get your tubes tied. You should not spawn again.
This. A thousand times this.

Proserpina

And expect the court to require that your husband is NEVER left alone with your child. Ever. Hell, he shouldn't be left alone with anyone.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Haven't looked at the threads yet but I am guessing her husband is the heart surgeon who broke her hand and threatened to remove the child's heart from his chest for elbowing him? GO DAD GO!

Yep... so what I thought...

GO DAD GO. Mom, you need help. MAJOR FREAKING HELP. I hope you get it and leave your abusive spouse.

Last edited:

Proserpina

I'm hoping this is a troll, hoping for trollishness more than I ever have before.

Ever.

Unfortunately it seems to be a real situation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">