• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Will Judge reverse current order ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Pearl72

What is the name of your state? Colorado

I will try and keep this short as possible. Ex is planning on going to courthouse tomorrow in the town that our old case was heard. He is trying to get an emergency hearing, stating our daughter is in danger if she remains with me. (which is a lie) Have lived in another county for 9 months now - He is trying to reverse the custody arrangement now that our (I signed her up) daughter is supposed to start preschool next week. He has EO wknd, and 1 day EO week. Will a judge seriously reverse this on a 4 yr old? I would think that would be detrimental to our daughter, and not in her best interests? He is planning on bashing me, drag me through the mud etc... to get what he wants. He is asking me for all sorts of information as well and i refuse to give it to him - and he says that witholding this information will hurt me in court big time. Legally i don't feel i have to give him crap... but am i only hurting myself and our daughter if I don't give in to his demands? Would a judge reverse the order based on his bashings and untruths? I don't feel it would be in our daughter's best interests at all... and he is only going to hurt our daughter if he goes through with this. What can i Do ?

There is no way anyone here can answer the question accurately without privvy to every last detail of the whole case.

If your daughter is worth it the spend a couple of hundred dollars for a consultation. Before saying I can't afford it can you afford not to do so?

LdiJ

Pearl72 said:
What is the name of your state? Colorado

I will try and keep this short as possible. Ex is planning on going to courthouse tomorrow in the town that our old case was heard. He is trying to get an emergency hearing, stating our daughter is in danger if she remains with me. (which is a lie) Have lived in another county for 9 months now - He is trying to reverse the custody arrangement now that our (I signed her up) daughter is supposed to start preschool next week. He has EO wknd, and 1 day EO week. Will a judge seriously reverse this on a 4 yr old? I would think that would be detrimental to our daughter, and not in her best interests? He is planning on bashing me, drag me through the mud etc... to get what he wants. He is asking me for all sorts of information as well and i refuse to give it to him - and he says that witholding this information will hurt me in court big time. Legally i don't feel i have to give him crap... but am i only hurting myself and our daughter if I don't give in to his demands? Would a judge reverse the order based on his bashings and untruths? I don't feel it would be in our daughter's best interests at all... and he is only going to hurt our daughter if he goes through with this. What can i Do ?
The best advice that I can give you is to get an attorney...NOW. Borrow the money if you have to. I honestly don't think that he is going to get an emergency hearing, but if he lies convincingly enough he might....however, if you absolutely can't, you need to keep checking with the courthouse to see if he has (in case he doesn't serve you...which he should) and then show up at the hearing and defend yourself, AND object to that county having jurisdiction.

Please however...try to find a way to get yourself an attorney...and not legal aid because you may not have time for that.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">