• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Willful Abandonment/Termination of Parental Rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CourtClerk

Also, the birth certificate is not the end all be all. My childs father is not on the birth certificate, but he is a legal father by virtue of paternity testing.
Actually, the only way he'd be the legal father is by virtue of a COURT ORDER.. the DNA test alone wouldn't suffice.

CSO286

Actually, the only way he'd be the legal father is by virtue of a COURT ORDER.. the DNA test alone wouldn't suffice.
Kind of where I was leading to. if paternity testing was ordered by the court, then it stands to reason that (if results come back positive) that Dad would then be declared Father by the court.....

Kind of where I was leading to. if paternity testing was ordered by the court, then it stands to reason that (if results come back positive) that Dad would then be declared Father by the court.....

Aren't you trying to split hairs at this point? Do you know of any courts who go against that whole 99.9% thing?

Artemis, please enlighten me on where I'm clueless at. Please don't jump to any conclusions.

Here are my statements for you again, so enlighten me on my ineptness.

1.It is incorrect to say that you always need a fathers permission to terminate rights.

2.The birth certificate is irrelevant when speaking about parental rights in court.

AHA

Believe it or not, not every kid has a dad. Jesus didn't.
So your kids don't have a dad, or OP's kids? There was no man involved in creating those kids?
And leave out the Jesus talk! Not everyone gives a sh*t.

Last edited:
One way or the other, they all do. Can't circumvent biology.

I see you didn't bother to read the Book. :rolleyes:

Haha, no I sure didn't. I don't buy a lot of invisible products.
Ironically, I'm a biology major. Thanks for the lesson though. A "dad" isn't a scientific term. You could tell me every kid has a father or has been fathered by someone. But no, not every kid has a dad.
Still waiting on Artemis to flex...

Silverplum

Ironically, I'm a biology major. Thanks for the lesson though. A "dad" isn't a scientific term. You could tell me every kid has a father or has been fathered by someone. But no, not every kid has a dad.
Moroniferous.

Artemis_ofthe_Hunt

That's the best you can come up with? :rolleyes: I think you forget where you are. This is a LEGAL site. Not a warm fuzzies group for idiots. ;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">