• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

witness in custody case

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lillovey00

My brother is seeking to gain custody if his daughter. The bio-mother has had custody of her until now. She is 5 years old. The state of Utah had determined her to be unfit, and removed all 3 children from her home. Each child was placed with the bio-fathers until the matter was resolved. The judge has granted the mother's appeal, and has ordered a re-unification process. All three fathers have started up a private custody case against her. My brothe's lawyer has asked that possible wittnesses (myslef included) write up a letter stating what abuse/neglect situations that have been witnessed. I am not sure how to do it. What is the best way? My concern is that most of it happened years ago. I don't know the dates for sure. Will this be a factor in considering my statement? Do I just type a general letter in my own words. Or do I arrange each fact in date order to the best of my knowledge? Help!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">