• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Won't meet halfway for Visitation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kcbmom

What is the name of your state? SC

My ex has custody of our two children. The military is moving me to Texas. He has taken a job in Georgia. He refused to meet me halfway for my visitations with the children. He says because I asked to move, I should be responsible for all travel. Anyone know the laws regarding this?

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
You're going to have to file for a modification. Until then, whatever the current order states, goes.

LdiJ

kcbmom said:
What is the name of your state? SC

My ex has custody of our two children. The military is moving me to Texas. He has taken a job in Georgia. He refused to meet me halfway for my visitations with the children. He says because I asked to move, I should be responsible for all travel. Anyone know the laws regarding this?
Hm...that one is interesting. Normally I would say that you would be reponsible for transportation because you are the one who is moving. However, he is moving too so that changes things.

I think you are going to have to take it in front of a judge and get the judge to make orders regarding transportation. However, since GA is closer to you than TX, its possible that a judge could still say that you are responsible for the transportation, since you are creating the distance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">