• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

worried

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pghm

What is the name of your state? Arkansas
I have two children with a man that has never wanted to marry me. I have moved in and out of his house many times based on false promises. I can't prove it but he does drugs, makes and grows them in many forms. Although he has never hit me but he will destroy and punch everything around me and our children just because he is angry. He run his car into a tree 1 foot away from my trailor while our son stood in the window and watched and then rampaged threw my house about blowing his head off. He pays child support when I ask or beg for it. My 4 year old daughter and I walked in on him and another women the other day. I had to find out the hard way he has been cheating. He knows I am getting a lawyer for child support and a protective order. My question is, can I request supervised visitations for our children. He has many times whipped them beyond needed measures. Smoked marijuana in front of them with many other people present, not to mention other drugs and trafficing. I have no job at the moment thanks to him. I receive a lot of government assistance. This will be his grounds for asking custody and I'm scared he might win. I have always been a good mother and the primary caretaker. I was in college and had to quit from lack assistance from there father and the constant worry about our kids while I was gone. I left because of drugs and abuse and very little has been documented. Please give me some advise. I'm not for sure how to repair the damage I've aloud to cause to myself and my kids. But I dont want to lose them. My son is 6, my daughter is four. I was sexually abused as a child. This will also be his basis for custody. His name is on the birth certificate and signed papers saying he knows he is the father. And has no desire for a paternity test. On the rare occasion he is not doing any drugs he can be a good father. HIs family knows what he does. He also makes 19.00 dollars an our hasn't filed takes in 4 years. He will lie about the amount of money he makes since he's considered self employed with his uncles business. So I know our children wont get what they deserve anyway. Any amount will be better than none just so I can gain my independence and self esteem back.

Last edited:

LdiJ

pghm said:
What is the name of your state? Arkansas
I have two children with a man that has never wanted to marry me. I have moved in and out of his house many times based on false promises. I can't prove it but he does drugs, makes and grows them in many forms. Although he has never hit me but he will destroy and punch everything around me and our children just because he is angry. He run his car into a tree 1 foot away from my trailor while our son stood in the window and watched and then rampaged threw my house about blowing his head off. He pays child support when I ask or beg for it. My 4 year old daughter and I walked in on him and another women the other day. I had to find out the hard way he has been cheating. He knows I am getting a lawyer for child support and a protective order. My question is, can I request supervised visitations for our children. He has many times whipped them beyond needed measures. Smoked marijuana in front of them with many other people present, not to mention other drugs and trafficing. I have no job at the moment thanks to him. I receive a lot of government assistance. This will be his grounds for asking custody and I'm scared he might win. I have always been a good mother and the primary caretaker. I was in college and had to quit from lack assistance from there father and the constant worry about our kids while I was gone. I left because of drugs and abuse and very little has been documented. Please give me some advise. I'm not for sure how to repair the damage I've aloud to cause to myself and my kids. But I dont want to lose them. My son is 6, my daughter is four. I was sexually abused as a child. This will also be his basis for custody. His name is on the birth certificate and signed papers saying he knows he is the father. And has no desire for a paternity test. On the rare occasion he is not doing any drugs he can be a good father. HIs family knows what he does. He also makes 19.00 dollars an our hasn't filed takes in 4 years. He will lie about the amount of money he makes since he's considered self employed with his uncles business. So I know our children wont get what they deserve anyway. Any amount will be better than none just so I can gain my independence and self esteem back.
You most sincerely need an attorney.

Gingermom

I agree with the rest...you definitely need a lawyer. In my personal opinion what I would not be doing is living with this man. He sounds abusive. It does not sound like you have any where to go...but are there battered wives shelters? You sound like a smart gal, please get some help for you and your children. The longer you stay - it's just going to get worse. If your husband has an anger problem. Don't mess around with that, I don't care to here well he hasn't hit me yet - but he whoops the cr#p out of children, smashes car in front of my children, does drugs and the bottom one, you walked in on him with another women? I am glad you are documenting all of this, you will need it. YES, I would definitely get supervised visitation...but in my mind I would never imagine leaving my children with the way you describe this man. You need to stop going back and forth to this mans home it is only putting all of you in a dangerous position. Talk to a lawyer, they offer free consultations...If there is a battered womens shelter or an abuse support system anywhere around you can ask them as well. I would hate to see your children taken away because you keep on putting them through this mad man's world. I know you love them...now prove it. Take care...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">