• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrongful Debt from incorrect Support action

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

abap04

What is the name of your state? WISCONSIN :rolleyes:

I was charged with support actions by the State of Wisconsin for child being Home Schooled this past year.
The State DPI does not recognize Home Schooling as accredited curriculum and my divorce decree notes any support payments beyond 18 require a public enrollment. Ex-wife notified Child Support agency with intent to enroll child to re-activate support payments, but never followed through with verbal or letter of intent.
Since Support agency has become the vehicle of “Wrongful Debt”, I feel a legal suit is required to reclaim loss revenue and damages, as well as demanding a fraudulent case against Ex-wife for false actions. Has my rights been violated and what amount of damages can be entered into suit?
This could be a Civil Suit and rewording of State Statue laws to the winning attorney.

:cool:

Last edited:

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Did you have an order that stated you were no longer obligated to pay support, or did you decide to stop paying on your own?

A

abap04

Child Support agency actually stopped the obligation when child turned 18 and then reinstated it after my Ex notified them of intent to register child in public school to achieve a GED status. The State statue (767) in Wisconsin notes that support obligation will be enforced if child ...

767.25(4)
(4) The court shall order either party or both to pay for the support of any child of the parties who is less than 18 years old, or any child of the parties who is less than 19 years old if the child is pursuing an accredited course of instruction leading to the acquisition of a high school diploma or its equivalent.

This did not happen ..nor did I stop paying after the reinstatement order. I did write several times to agency and to Public Information to obtain letters for discovery and records.
Home Schooling is not an accredited course or recognized by the State, so this past years worth of payments are wrongful debt via agency....;)

A

abap04

Looking for a reputable law firm in Wisconsin to handle Civil suit and change state statue ......Motion to establish Child Support Credit :cool:

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">