• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wrongful support ruling

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

Randalld

Indiana
I had always paid my support on time up till Feb. Of last year when I was laid off from work. It took six months before I went back to work. In that six months I had ex permission to halt support till I went back to work. Child support resumed before end of year with extra $20 for back support till I get caught up. Ex wanted it all at one time and filed for back support and raise support. Judge ordered me to pay maximum and $25 extra for back support. Before I went back to court I was struggling to keep head above water now it is going harder and am in fear of losing everything now even with new wifes income. Ex lied to judge about all that I owed in back support, and told judge that I had purchased new car while I was Laid off which I never did. I did purchase a used car before layoff but had no idea that layoff was forthcoming Both new wife and I need separet cars to get back and forth to work as I work 90 miles from home and wife work locally but to far to walk. Any suggestions on what I can do and which way to turn Legally

D

dawn&jc

be thankful. thats what i say. my fiance was laid off for about the same length of time and he had been paying his support regularly as well. his ex took him to court for failure to pay child support as well. and mind you we hardly had the money for food and rent let alone support. well the prosecutor told him that he was lucky he wasnt in jail, and tacked on an extra 40 to his support for arrears. we even lost our car while he was laid off.
be thankful its only 25. the way they see it here in ind. is the NCPs bills and ability to pay them are of no importance just so long as the support is paid.
try joining us in writing our senator or congressman about the unfair treatment being shown to NCPs for support and their second families.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

What was so "wrongful" ?

From your post, you were paying her $20.00 toward the arrears, and after she took you to court, the judge ordered you to pay $5.00 more per month toward the arrears, or $25.00 more per month to catch up. What was wrong?

And, tell me, how did your children "fare" throughout your unemployment?

IAAL

D

dawn&jc

well arent i an air head you pay 25 a month towards you arrears? my fiance has to pay an extra 40 a week. so you should really be thankful with what you have. there is no wrongful in that. im sorry but we go with out food even because he has to pay so much. so i cant sympathize with you on that being wrongful. it sounds extremely fair to me and we only wish we had the same judge you had.count your blessings bud

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">