• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

yearly protection orders based on false accusations

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Northwestguy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Idaho
Hello I am a 39 year old divorced father facing yearly protection orders gained by false or rather subjective reasons.I was convicted of assaulting my ex in 1999 and along with deep sorrow of committing the crime came the estrangement of my daughter.When I was in a medium security prison,I was still served with protection orders while incarcerated!I have completed my sentence and have worked very hard to establish myself as a functioning member of society,my question is this: how long to I have to prove myself?she has asked for a permanent order but was denied by the judge(thank god)but to this day her requests for the protection orders(which I have never violated in any way)she uses false allegations with no facts to back them up and uses a subjective term alot, she says that I am "living an unhealthy lifestyle"now since my sentence sastisfaction I have never violated these orders or have had any kind of legal scrape either just hoping that time would be my best argument but she(my daughter)is 9 now and all I want to ask for is the right to call my daughter occasionally and be able to(legally)send her presents Is there any hope for me to hold a meaningful role in my daughters life?or was my action back in 1999 enough to seal my fate permanently with no hope of ever becoming an active parent in my daughters childhood?I realise what I did was very wrong and very bad but I have made it a point to live a law abiding life and better myself at any opprotuninty(parenting classes,anger management etc. etc.any advice would be greatly appreciated,thank you for your time.

Just Blue

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Idaho
Hello I am a 39 year old divorced father facing yearly protection orders gained by false or rather subjective reasons.I was convicted of assaulting my ex in 1999 and along with deep sorrow of committing the crime came the estrangement of my daughter.When I was in a medium security prison,I was still served with protection orders while incarcerated!I have completed my sentence and have worked very hard to establish myself as a functioning member of society,my question is this: how long to I have to prove myself?she has asked for a permanent order but was denied by the judge(thank god)but to this day her requests for the protection orders(which I have never violated in any way)she uses false allegations with no facts to back them up and uses a subjective term alot, she says that I am "living an unhealthy lifestyle"now since my sentence sastisfaction I have never violated these orders or have had any kind of legal scrape either just hoping that time would be my best argument but she(my daughter)is 9 now and all I want to ask for is the right to call my daughter occasionally and be able to(legally)send her presents Is there any hope for me to hold a meaningful role in my daughters life?or was my action back in 1999 enough to seal my fate permanently with no hope of ever becoming an active parent in my daughters childhood?I realise what I did was very wrong and very bad but I have made it a point to live a law abiding life and better myself at any opprotuninty(parenting classes,anger management etc. etc.any advice would be greatly appreciated,thank you for your time.
What happened back in '99?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">