• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

16teen and working 30 hrs a week

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chickawa

What is the name of your state?arkansas
i pay child support for one child now and this child is 16 and in high school, he has went to work for his step dad and works 30 hours aweek, now i am not knocking that he wants to work, he has his own car now and has to pay his gas and insurance for this car and that i agree too, but the thing is that his mom does not have him as an insured driver , they just have the car insured on their policy. so he thinks he is paying for his ins. his mother is making him pay 100.00 a month and this child has honor class with A's . we asked her where was his discount on this ,so his ins. would be lowered. we have ask her this again because i called and asked my agent and she has the same ins. company. so now she is mad at us, so she thinks we should pay her more child support. why? its not going toward the boys ins. payment he pays his own way gas, clothes,ins and his mom also told him that he needs to start buying his on hygiene supplies. he used to live with me and now he lives with his mom and since august of 04 has been getting child support. so what do i do if she tries to get more child support from me. can she do that?

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Where does it say Mom doesn't work?

It's also likely that Mom's insurance went up when that car was added - and the difference is what he's paying. So yes, he IS paying for his insurance. The likelihood of a support modification so soon is pretty slim, absent a change in circumstance - which I don't see.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
It's very likely that the insurance is cheaper BECAUSE the car is insured and not the driver. When a young driver (especially a male teen) gets insurance, the premiums are usually very high. $1200/yr really isn't out of line. Frankly, Dad had no business butting in on her insurance - especially since she wasn't asking him to contribute in any way (at the time). I'd be pretty pissed off myself and have a few choice words for my ex if he pulled something like that.

chickawa

yes i know that it takes a judge to raise c/s. i just needed to hear it from someone else because this all this women talks about. we have another child that goes to college and i pay for that too ,no court order i just do it because i wont him to have an education. so what does she do moves where he goes to school and moves him in with her and this is what it is now she wants more money. college boy works too and pays his way. and yes she works, and it only cost her $25.00 more a month to add the carfor the 16teen. that is what make me made. that i cant do anything about it, and she is screaming at me that its my fault that she is doing this, that i should step up and pay it. i pay what i am suppose to pay in c/s court ordered. what do i do , i have bills also i have to pay.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
You were absolutely out of bounds to discuss her insurance with the agent. Totally. In addition, you have no idea whatsoever what she's doing with that extra money - for all you know she's saving it for the kid. (Save your breath telling me she's not, because you do not know.)

The answer is that it's not likely your CS will be modified at this point - eitehr way.

chickawa

stealth2 said:
It's very likely that the insurance is cheaper BECAUSE the car is insured and not the driver. When a young driver (especially a male teen) gets insurance, the premiums are usually very high. $1200/yr really isn't out of line. Frankly, Dad had no business butting in on her insurance - especially since she wasn't asking him to contribute in any way (at the time). I'd be pretty pissed off myself and have a few choice words for my ex if he pulled something like that.
when i was checking my ins on my present wifes teen son. i was asking question about also letting my son drive my cars while he was here to visit making sure it was ok to do that, and at one time we we shared the same agent and he realized that my son was not insured, but they added a car.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
chickawa said:
when i was checking my ins on my present wifes teen son. i was asking question about also letting my son drive my cars while he was here to visit making sure it was ok to do that, and at one time we we shared the same agent and he realized that my son was not insured, but they added a car.
And that is still none of your business, and the insurance agent should not have been discussing it with you. Period. Would you be pleased if it was her talking to him about YOUR insurance coverage?

chickawa

stealth2 said:
You were absolutely out of bounds to discuss her insurance with the agent. Totally. In addition, you have no idea whatsoever what she's doing with that extra money - for all you know she's saving it for the kid. (Save your breath telling me she's not, because you do not know.)

The answer is that it's not likely your CS will be modified at this point - eitehr way.
oh yes i do know she has never done that.there is a very long story to all this and it would take to long to tell it.

chickawa

stealth2 said:
And that is still none of your business, and the insurance agent should not have been discussing it with you. Period. Would you be pleased if it was her talking to him about YOUR insurance coverage?
she has on my life ins. because he called me and told me that she was asking question on it

chickawa

legalcuriosity said:
For the CP, it sounds like she's just pissed because the NCP called the insurance company.

OP, tell your ex boo-hoo-hoo. And give her a 4-1-1 on insurance. For any parent to not look into all of the discounts possible on insurance (of any kind) is not too brilliant.

Don't forget to tell her to grow up too. :)
thank you, that is all i want her to do so it will be cheaper on him

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
chickawa said:
she has on my life ins. because he called me and told me that she was asking question on it
And you liked that she was doing that? Or did it piss you off? If this is the same insurance agent, I'd be having a serious talk with him about his professional ethics. And then finding a new agent.

chickawa

stealth2 said:
And you liked that she was doing that? Or did it piss you off? If this is the same insurance agent, I'd be having a serious talk with him about his professional ethics. And then finding a new agent.
no he told her nothing about it and told her to ask me about it and she did not. she got mad i didnt. i was kind of wondering "why" she is not with him because she was hit from behind in her car and she wanted this agent to do some illegal stuff and he would not ,so now she is with this other one that will. it about getting more money and telling lies

Last edited:

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
chickawa said:
no he told her nothing about it and told her to ask me about it and she did not. she got mad i didnt. i was kind of wondering "why"
LOL So you would've been okay if he'd told her about it?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">