• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

18 Year Old livig elsewhere.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Massachusetts

I am the divorced non custodial parent of an 18 year old who lives in North Carolina. I already know that he can legally decide on his own where he lives and I have no control over that.

My question is, can I be forced to pay child support to a 3rd party if he chooses to live somewhere other than with his mom? He is still in high school and would still be eligible for support otherwise.

BL

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Massachusetts

I am the divorced non custodial parent of an 18 year old who lives in North Carolina. I already know that he can legally decide on his own where he lives and I have no control over that.

My question is, can I be forced to pay child support to a 3rd party if he chooses to live somewhere other than with his mom? He is still in high school and would still be eligible for support otherwise.
Petition the court to terminate child support obligations .

Can my ex be forced to re-pay any child support received between the dates that my son becomes ineligible for support and when the court terminates my support obligation?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">