• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

18years old and i want my child support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kdepp

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?
I live in Pennsylvania. I am 19 years old and still recieving child support because I am a college student. Recently my father gave my mom a lump sum of money to fulfill his child support obligations for the next three years. However, my mom is not threatening not to help me pay for college after this year. Is it possible for me to recieve my child support whether she wants to give it to me or not?

BelizeBreeze

kdepp said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?
I live in Pennsylvania. I am 19 years old and still recieving child support because I am a college student. Recently my father gave my mom a lump sum of money to fulfill his child support obligations for the next three years. However, my mom is not threatening not to help me pay for college after this year. Is it possible for me to recieve my child support whether she wants to give it to me or not?
Guess what junior. It's not YOUR child support.

So, you have two options. Street lamp or real job.

snodderly

How do you know the lump sum was given specifically for college expenses? Have you read any court orders or agreements between your parents? If you have and it stated that the money was to be used for your educational expenses then you do have options...your father does anyway. Contact him, tell him she is using the money for your educate to threaten you.

It is not your money, it is money for your education and if your father wants to make sure itis spent that way there are legal avenues he can take to assure that it gets spent that way. Why was the money not put directling into an account at the school you are going to? They would have gladly taken it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">