• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

19yr child threatening to sue father after mother takes child away for 18 years

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tryin to help

What is the name of your state? CA

My fiance had a child 19 years ago. Mother and him moved in. He came home on day and her and the child were gone. He tried to find her...no luck.....18 years later the child contacts him. for a brief time it was nice. The child is now asking for money every time the child calls him. For the childs 19th birthday, the child was given our last 100 bucks (for this payperiod) the child called again last week wanting $10,000 for a car...would settle for $500 for a downpayment....child doesn't even have a license.....my fiance told the child he doesn't have it. The child threatened to take him to court. Does the child or the mother have any right to ask for child support after; 1.) 19 years, 2.) after they left the country and denied him of his rights and relationship with his child, 3.) there has NEVER been a order for him to pay support.

Please help me help him!!! Thanks!!

seniorjudge

Tryin to help said:

My fiance had a child 19 years ago. Mother and him moved in. He came home on day and her and the child were gone. He tried to find her...no luck.....18 years later the child contacts him. for a brief time it was nice. The child is now asking for money every time the child calls him. For the childs 19th birthday, the child was given our last 100 bucks (for this payperiod) the child called again last week wanting $10,000 for a car...would settle for $500 for a downpayment....child doesn't even have a license.....my fiance told the child he doesn't have it. The child threatened to take him to court. Does the child or the mother have any right to ask for child support after; 1.) 19 years, 2.) after they left the country and denied him of his rights and relationship with his child, 3.) there has NEVER been a order for him to pay support.

Tell these people to bite rocks.

They have no case.

Just Blue

Tryin to help said:

The child has no standing to take him to court...and if there was never a cs order neither does the mother...tell Jr. to go and get a frickin job and stop being a leach....;)

BL

KMA .. Not kissami Fl . either . The father could tell the Son if He wants a relationship fine , but Dad is not a Bank . Further more if there was never Paternity established , even more reason to tell Mom and child , stand up on your own two feet .

Tryin to help

baystategirl said:
The child has no standing to take him to court...and if there was never a cs order neither does the mother...tell Jr. to go and get a frickin job and stop being a leach....;)
Thanks!!! I was hoping that this was true...he feels there is some financial obligation there, but he is a working joe just like everyone else and thinks its BS that the kid is threatening him to take him to court. I am waiting to talk to an attorney, but wanted to be able to give him some feedback, other then my own...

Thanks a lot!!

fairisfair

Hmmmm. and I am sitting here thinking, WOW a lousy $100 in 19 years. Where was DAD all this time, did he ever try to find this kid, how do I just know that the answer to that question is no. No, dad does not have any legal obligation to this 19 year old child, but he sure as HELL has a moral one. I'll bet that the brief time, you know when it was "nice" was before the kid started asking for anything, and Daddy just got to play at being one.:rolleyes:

BL

fairisfair said:
Hmmmm. and I am sitting here thinking, WOW a lousy $100 in 19 years. Where was DAD all this time, did he ever try to find this kid, how do I just know that the answer to that question is no. No, dad does not have any legal obligation to this 19 year old child, but he sure as HELL has a moral one. I'll bet that the brief time, you know when it was "nice" was before the kid started asking for anything, and Daddy just got to play at being one.:rolleyes:
You along with us do not know the history , so don't Judge .

Tryin to help

fairisfair said:
Wow!!! You sure are fiesty...As a matter of fact..the father tried to get the child back. The father went to mexico to get the child and his life was threatened. He tried to do it legally and got nothing but dead-ends. When it "was nice" was the first two weeks they knew each other. When he first met the child (18yrs later) he gave her money..bought her clothes, etc....child came to visit again and he bought her more clothes....child was suppose to go to a family wedding with us....i bought her a dress, shoes and accessories..she didn't go..fine.....she is hassling him for money every time she gets a chance..... are you unlike the rest of us where you can pull 10, 000-20,000 50,000 out of your A## to give to your child......that the mother took off with? If so...can you loan it to me? For her prom he gave her a couple of hundred dollars...this last time...we gave her this lousy 100 bucks...she also got another couple of hundred from other family members....now she is threatening him.....he wants to be able to compensate her, but do you REALLY find it fair for her to harrass him about it?

Tryin to help

Blonde Lebinese said:
By the way...for your information....since this child..he has had another...and even though him and the mother are not together......he has made it his primary goal in life to be as every part of his childs life as possible....this horrible thing happened to him once...he wanted to make sure it didn't happen again....His ex gets more of his paycheck then he does...and he is fine with that, because he knows that every penny is spent on his kid...so if you are ready to judge with very little information, perhaps you should ask some more questions before hand..... no hard feelings...

BL

Tryin to help said:
By the way...for your information....since this child..he has had another...and even though him and the mother are not together......he has made it his primary goal in life to be as every part of his childs life as possible....this horrible thing happened to him once...he wanted to make sure it didn't happen again....His ex gets more of his paycheck then he does...and he is fine with that, because he knows that every penny is spent on his kid...so if you are ready to judge with very little information, perhaps you should ask some more questions before hand..... no hard feelings...
Pull your third grade mexican education out of you ass , I quoted fairisfair , pick on that poster , not me .

fairisfair

Blonde Lebinese said:
That is funny, all of the other posts were about the kid using dad as a "bank" just thought I would play devil's advocate. there are ALWAYS two sides to every story.

fairisfair

Tryin to help said:
Wow!!! You sure are fiesty...As a matter of fact..the father tried to get the child back. The father went to mexico to get the child and his life was threatened. He tried to do it legally and got nothing but dead-ends. When it "was nice" was the first two weeks they knew each other. When he first met the child (18yrs later) he gave her money..bought her clothes, etc....child came to visit again and he bought her more clothes....child was suppose to go to a family wedding with us....i bought her a dress, shoes and accessories..she didn't go..fine.....she is hassling him for money every time she gets a chance..... are you unlike the rest of us where you can pull 10, 000-20,000 50,000 out of your A## to give to your child......that the mother took off with? If so...can you loan it to me? For her prom he gave her a couple of hundred dollars...this last time...we gave her this lousy 100 bucks...she also got another couple of hundred from other family members....now she is threatening him.....he wants to be able to compensate her, but do you REALLY find it fair for her to harrass him about it?
No actually, I don't find anything about the situation fair. Either to dad or to the child. And I would be willing to bet that Mom has her own version of the story that is somewhat different as well.

Tryin to help

Blonde Lebinese said:
Pull your third grade mexican education out of you ass , I quoted fairisfair , pick on that poster , not me .
Wow!!! you too...are quick to judge....i didn't mean to "Hit" your post.....and i wasn't attaching you...i posted to yours by accident.....and i am not trying to pick on any post...i thought i was trying to hold up a dialect over this website.....
BTW...i'm not mexican....

BL

Tryin to help said:
Wow!!! you too...are quick to judge....i didn't mean to "Hit" your post.....and i wasn't attaching you...i posted to yours by accident.....and i am not trying to pick on any post...i thought i was trying to hold up a dialect over this website.....
BTW...i'm not mexican....

Ok attachments are fun som times , so you're white, black , but non hispanic ?

Good thing my kids are all grown . The only way i'd give them money is if they respected me , and I won the jackpot .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">