• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

2 children 1 dad 1 wife and 1 mother

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

diggs05

:confused: What is the name of your state? California

My husband has just started to see his son after four years. Now that he has had contact and visits his son the mother is now asking for child support again after she cancelled it four years ago when she took off with the child and did not allow my husband to see him.

I want him to support his son but why should she be entitled to child support when she lives better then we do.

Just Blue

diggs05 said:
:confused: What is the name of your state? California

My husband has just started to see his son after four years. Now that he has had contact and visits his son the mother is now asking for child support again after she cancelled it four years ago when she took off with the child and did not allow my husband to see him.

I want him to support his son but why should she be entitled to child support when she lives better then we do.

The child deserves to be supported by BOTH parents...if she took off with the child your husband should have gone to court...if he didn't ...oh well...Don't complain now..:(

diggs05

in his shoes

We contacted the DA's office and nothing could be done because we did not were she was, we also attempted to contact family memebers of hers and send messages through them but nothing worked until now, the father of her other child was able to get the information to her. No one is complaining or wanting pitty, I think my husband should take care of his child but why should she be able to turn on and off child support?

Just Blue

diggs05 said:
We contacted the DA's office and nothing could be done because we did not were she was, we also attempted to contact family memebers of hers and send messages through them but nothing worked until now, the father of her other child was able to get the information to her. No one is complaining or wanting pitty, I think my husband should take care of his child but why should she be able to turn on and off child support?

Did your husband have a court ordered visitation?? If so he sould have filed contempt charges...

Why should he pay support?? Because its his kid!! He does have the option for custody...if she took off with the child and kept him from seeing the kid I would THINK that would be ground for a modifaction....

diggs05

He had court ordered visitation, and until December '05 he was not able to find her or file the charges because we needed her contact info, and we did not even have an email address. every attempt to find them outside of hiring an overpriced private investigator lead us down the same dead end road. I agree he should pay child support, but she is now seeking it because we were looking to purchase a house.

ceara19

Just be glad mom dropped the CS for as lonf as she did. Child support cannot be suspended only because the NCP has no visitation. Even though she couldn't be found all those years, had the order not been changed, your husband would have still owed the support, even if he did not know where to send it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">