• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

$33,000 back child support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caligirl1224

My ex husband was ordered to pay 600/month in child support for our 2 children ages 6 and 8. He has since moved 2 to 3 times, quit his job after making 2 payments and recently I found out he moved out of state (CT) to live with a girlfriend. He hasnt seen the kids in 2 years and has mutliple warrants for his arrest for theft, DV and other things. Any suggestions on the child support? I no longer have a working number for him or valid address. Im 28 with full custody of both children. I work 40 hours a week and im also earning my Bachelors degree. Please help! (Case was opened in California- Riverside County.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
From someone who's been there (my three aged out with the ex wife owing me over $160k), you shouldn't plan on seeing a dime. If you ever see any of the money, it will be a nice bonus to repay you for what you've paid. With that said, pass on whatever contact information you have to the folks at the Department of Child Support Services (http://www.childsup.ca.gov/). Best of luck to you and your kids.

single317dad

From someone else who is there, I don't recommend you make a second career out of pursuing what you're owed, but occasionally you should try to track him down and get some fresh contact info. As Zigner stated, pass that info on to CSE and ask them to enforce your order. You may have to coordinate with agencies from multiple states. Good luck.

Just Blue

My ex husband was ordered to pay 600/month in child support for our 2 children ages 6 and 8. He has since moved 2 to 3 times, quit his job after making 2 payments and recently I found out he moved out of state (CT) to live with a girlfriend. He hasnt seen the kids in 2 years and has mutliple warrants for his arrest for theft, DV and other things. Any suggestions on the child support? I no longer have a working number for him or valid address. Im 28 with full custody of both children. I work 40 hours a week and im also earning my Bachelors degree. Please help! (Case was opened in California- Riverside County.
Nothing to do with CS.

Please make sure you place the children in counseling so they can deal with the reality of their fathers disregard. Children this young have difficulties ...nip it in the bud.

All my best to you
Blue

Nothing to do with CS.

Please make sure you place the children in counseling so they can deal with the reality of their fathers disregard. Children this young have difficulties ...nip it in the bud.

All my best to you
Blue
I don't believe placing the children in counseling is very good advice since counseling is expensive and the OP is finacially strapped as it is, having not received child support payments. I know quite a few 'kids' whose lives have not been very traumatic and have grown to be quite happy with their own lives despite the fact they only had one parent while growing up, so I do believe they could survive without the expensive counseling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">