• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

4 children and life insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

yessy

What is the name of your state? CA.

My husband and I are planning on getting life insurance.He has 2 kids and I have 2 kids. If I go first would the 4 children get money or would it just go to my husband? What if he went first? Or both of us went? Would it matter what age the kids are when that happened? I want all the kids to be equally treated, they are equally loved by us both. My husband recently adopted my boys. Any response would be very well appreciated. Thanx

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

yessy said:
What is the name of your state? CA.

My husband and I are planning on getting life insurance.He has 2 kids and I have 2 kids. If I go first would the 4 children get money or would it just go to my husband? What if he went first? Or both of us went? Would it matter what age the kids are when that happened? I want all the kids to be equally treated, they are equally loved by us both. My husband recently adopted my boys. Any response would be very well appreciated. Thanx

My response:

It doesn't matter who dies first. The only thing that matters is who you name as beneficiaries to the insurance money. Age has no bearing on who gets the proceeds. If you want all the kids to receive equally, then name all of them as beneficiaries. Caveat: Life insurance proceeds bypass your Estate, and the money immediately belongs to the named beneficiary(ies).

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">