• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Abandonment-no child support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

loveall4

What is the name of your state?PA
I have not received child support from my ex husband since July 29th. In addition, he has not had physical or verbal contact (his chosing) since December 2004 with his children. His last whereabouts , he was living with his parents. I have sent certified mail to him and has come back unclaimed. His parents refuse to be cooperative or give me any information where he is, why I have not received support, etc. He is an admitted alcoholic whom hasn't worked and has been in and out of jail for the last 2-3 years. I have filed non-child support paperwork in Pennsylvania and has been forwarded to the courts in New York where he is living and where our divorce was final. Does anyone know if it is beneficial to file for abandonment of his children and if that would be in the best interest to the children to have it legally in writing?

loveall4 said:
What is the name of your state?PA
I have not received child support from my ex husband since July 29th. In addition, he has not had physical or verbal contact (his chosing) since December 2004 with his children. His last whereabouts , he was living with his parents. I have sent certified mail to him and has come back unclaimed. His parents refuse to be cooperative or give me any information where he is, why I have not received support, etc. He is an admitted alcoholic whom hasn't worked and has been in and out of jail for the last 2-3 years. I have filed non-child support paperwork in Pennsylvania and has been forwarded to the courts in New York where he is living and where our divorce was final. Does anyone know if it is beneficial to file for abandonment of his children and if that would be in the best interest to the children to have it legally in writing?
His parents don't have to tell you where he's at. Is your child support going through a child support agency? You can try to have them take it under their wing and have him run through the parent-locator system or whatever name it's called to see if they can locate him that way. Only you can truly answer your question.

Zephyr

You can certainly file for contempt of court if he is in violation of your court order, you night want to wait until he hits the 3 month mark on non payment though.

you definitely want to stay on top of cse to keep your case fresh in their mind.

loveall4

PA- I have already filed through the domestic relations office. Waiting upon a court date from New York. No child support since July. Don't even know where he is. Children nor I have verbally spoken to him since December 2004. From a legal standpoint or someone with a legal background, I am wondering if it is in the best interest legally and in writing to file abandonment from the father for the future.

B

betterthanher

loveall4 said:
PA- I have already filed through the domestic relations office. Waiting upon a court date from New York. No child support since July. Don't even know where he is. Children nor I have verbally spoken to him since December 2004. From a legal standpoint or someone with a legal background, I am wondering if it is in the best interest legally and in writing to file abandonment from the father for the future.
No support for 3 months and not speaking since last December doesn't constitute abandonment. The question for you is 'what are you trying to accomplish here?'

loveall4

pa- ONCE AGAIN BETTERTHANHER---what am i trying to accomplish??? Try stability, emotional happiness and four beautiful children who have not seen or heard from their addictive alcoholic father since last december. Who forgets they need food, clothing, shelter or a father. Who choses to have not worked in 3 years , whose whereabouts are unknown. Who just decided to forget about 4 obligations that he has. I think he abandoned his children don't you??? But funny how the money is there for alcohol, cigarettes, new Ford truck. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Like I said to you in another thread, if you have not been there, done that or have anything positive to add to the thread. Refrain from the thread. People are looking for some answers from others that are in the same boat. It seems you like to woman bash in all these threads.

BelizeBreeze

loveall4 said:
PA- what does constitute abandonment???
Read 23 Pa. Cons. Stat. Ann. § 2501(a) and 23 Pa. Cons. Stat. Ann. § 2511(a), (b) .

Also, in your own post you state that you are waiting on a court date from New York. Do you or do you NOT have a child support order? And what does Pennsylvania have to do with this entire issue?

B

betterthanher

loveall4 said:
pa- ONCE AGAIN BETTERTHANHER---what am i trying to accomplish??? Try stability, emotional happiness and four beautiful children who have not seen or heard from their addictive alcoholic father since last december. Who forgets they need food, clothing, shelter or a father. Who choses to have not worked in 3 years , whose whereabouts are unknown. Who just decided to forget about 4 obligations that he has. I think he abandoned his children don't you??? But funny how the money is there for alcohol, cigarettes, new Ford truck. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.
"Once again"? Listen lady. First, watch your flippin' tone. Secondly, this is the first time in this thread you've mentioned "stability...blah blah blah." You continue to obssess over this "abandonment" thing. So, completely terminating his parental rights (and support) would provide more stability for the child?? Are you with another guy who would like to adopt? You are not the only CP in the US going through this.

Like I said to you in another thread, if you have not been there, done that or have anything positive to add to the thread. Refrain from the thread. People are looking for some answers from others that are in the same boat. It seems you like to woman bash in all these threads.

Last edited by a moderator:

loveall4

Thankyou BelizeBreeze and next wife. My point to betterthanher, if he has no useful information or anything nice or anything to add in a positive way, why is he even on this thread. BTW, I have an order in place, a New York divorce but I am living in PA with my four children and filed with Domestic Relations in my county in PA. It will forward to the new york court where he is residing. And he has been abusing alcohol for a long time. It just progressively got worse. He is very unstable at this time. I think as advice that betterthanher should seek some sort of anger management against women, all of us are not the same. All our cases are different and have different circumstances.

loveall4

NEXTWIFE- I totally agree about being a parent. A biological father doesn't make him a father. My children's stepfather is a better more caring, loving father to my four children than my ex-husband could ever have been. I am very lucky and so are my four children. Just because they are blood, doesn't make them possessions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">