• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Abortion and Child Support?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wendrowillow

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? South Dakota

In April I had an abortion. I was very ill at the time and at a breaking point. I had been fighting a rare type of anemia all year. I was very weak minded and very vulnerable and easily swayed. My partner was easily able to convince me to have an abortion which I regret every single day.

Before he moved for his job, we spent one last night together. During my blood tests a few weeks later my hCg levels had risen. I was pregnant again. Without the influence of my partner around, I made the decision to keep this child. As my pregnancy has continued I am not longer in a weak state of mind.

Last night after months of him being a wall I hear from him. I had tried to tell him before about this child many times. I did not want to go to child support with him if he were willing to work with me, but he has led me to no other choice with the way he is acting. But last night when I tell him about the child support and how I have been talking to some lawyers about it he goes "Since you had an abortion with army law I can't give you money." Now this didn't make sense. I am not an idiot and I am pretty positive there is no such law like this.When I questioned him he replied "I am almost complete with my army lawyer so I back all army people. But whatev I guess" It didn't make any sense to me but since I am no lawyer, I figured I could ask anyone who knew more about this topic.

Everything he was saying just sounded completely ridiculous. Like a whole bunch of lies, but being a pregnant woman with lots of hormones it is easy for mind to wander and scare myself.

Last edited:

single317dad

After your child is born, you need to go to your local child support enforcement office, and request assistance with establishing paternity and an order for child support.

Please do not take legal advice from your ex. It may be best to limit your communication with him, as you've shown in the past that he is able to manipulate you.

Proserpina

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? South Dakota

In April I had an abortion. I was very ill at the time and at a breaking point. I had been fighting a rare type of anemia all year. I was very weak minded and very vulnerable and easily swayed. My partner was easily able to convince me to have an abortion which I regret every single day.

Before he moved for his job, we spent one last night together. During my blood tests a few weeks later my hCg levels had risen. I was pregnant again. Without the influence of my partner around, I made the decision to keep this child. As my pregnancy has continued I am not longer in a weak state of mind.

Last night after months of him being a wall I hear from him. I had tried to tell him before about this child. I did not want to go to child support with him if he were willing to work with me, but he has led me to no other choice with the way he is acting. But last night when I tell him about the child support and how I have been talking to some lawyers about it he goes "Since you had an abortion with army law you can't give you money." Now this didn't make sense. I am not an idiot and I am pretty positive there is no such law like this.When I questioned him he replied "I am almost complete with my army lawyer so I back all army people. But whatev I guess" It didn't make any sense to me but since I am no lawyer, I figured I could ask anyone who knew more about this topic.

Everything he was saying just sounded completely ridiculous. Like a whole bunch of lies, but being a pregnant woman with lots of hormones it is easy for mind to wander and scare myself.

When the child is born, file for child support. You'll get it.

Ignore the steaming pile of manure coming out of your ex's mouth.

wendrowillow

Yes I have already talked to lawyers and everything from paternity to court dates are set for when the baby comes, of course I can't seek any action until the baby is born, but I think he was trying an attempt to scare me, since I was easily manipulated toward the end of our relationship. I don't think he realizes I am not the same vulnerable little girl anymore.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">