• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

About to Marry a Dad

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serendipity

What is the name of your state? California

I am about to marry a man with a child and a money hungry ex-wife. When we marry, can the ex-wife get more child support if I am working? What if I'm not working? Will my paychecks be safe from her $40 million dollar lawyer (yep her parents are loaded and it's not enough) if I keep it separate and don't co-mingle funds? This bride to be needs help fast!

E

eme76

your $$ is yours she cant have it
as a safegard aganist any garnishment should he be in arrears it is wise to keep your own accounts (not joint)

ps congrats on your big day;)

ceara19

Does it seem strange to anyone else that ex wives are only considered greedy, money hungry whores AFTER dad gets a new wife or gf?

I've noticed how in many cases where the dad didn't even realize how much he was getting screwed by the ex until the new woman points it out to them? :rolleyes:

N

nicetryadmin

ceara19 said:
Does it seem strange to anyone else that ex wives are only considered greedy, money hungry whores AFTER dad gets a new wife or gf?
That's because it's those greedy, money hungry whores (wasn't that a game by Milton Bradley?? Oh, that was Hungry Hungry Hippos...same thing, depending LOL) think since THEY have more money, SHE is entitled to it.

Bzzt. Thanks for playing. Here's your consolation prize of 10 kicks in the a**. LOL

ceara19

nicetryadmin said:
That's because it's those greedy, money hungry whores (wasn't that a game by Milton Bradley?? Oh, that was Hungry Hungry Hippos...same thing, depending LOL) think since THEY have more money, SHE is entitled to it.

Bzzt. Thanks for playing. Here's your consolation prize of 10 kicks in the a**. LOL
I'm not talking about a mother that tries to have the support raised when dad gets married. I'm talking about the situations where everything is fine and everyone is happy until the new gf convinces dad he is being screwed by mom and he pays too much support. The GF doesn't bother calling mom a greedy b*tch until AFTER she starts to see the man's check. Then suddenly, she decides dad doesn't get to keep enough of his check (to spend on her) because he is paying his cs, when it was never an issue before.

Sometimes it's the NCP's fault that they're paying certain amounts of CS. In my situation if NCP had talked to me & agreed to help... I would have accepted $50 less per week. I just wanted enough to pay for daycare each week so I could keep my job. But, b/c he refused to talk to me & let us agree on CS, it went through CSE, and his amount was set by the guidelines. Yes, I could have deviated to the amount just to cover daycare, but seeing as how he didn't have to help out w/ any of her hospital bill from birth (my portion was $1400 for her) & the fact that he kept contesting everything & I had to keep missing work - I feel that it really evens out. And, now that my child stays so sick, I'm glad I got the higher amount b/c it helps pay my portion of her medical costs & allows me to put some in a savings account for her each month. So,even though I did get the higher amount it doesn't make me greedy... the amounts are set by the state... and all of it is being spent on my daughter & then some. ;)

jevans

ceara19 said:

I've noticed how in many cases where the dad didn't even realize how much he was getting screwed by the ex until the new woman points it out to them? :rolleyes:

Does it seem strange to anyone that you NEVER consider the ex wife to be greedy. You guys ALWAYS side with the ex wife, ALWAYS. Sometimes the ex wife is the greedy one (not the new wife), but no one here can see that.

How many times does the ex wife only go for more once she sees the man getting on with his life, gets jealous and wants revenge and goes for his wallet. You know that is what happens.

And no, this doesn't apply to me, I am the happily married woman of a man with no previous marriages or kids. This site is always up in the breakroom here, as one of my coworkers is always reading it, and so I started looking at interesting stories.

What have I noticed? That no matter the situation, you guys ALWAYS take the side of the ex wife. Period. Even when the ex wife is clearly wrong for her intentions and actions.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
jevans said:
Does it seem strange to anyone that you NEVER consider the ex wife to be greedy. You guys ALWAYS side with the ex wife, ALWAYS. Sometimes the ex wife is the greedy one (not the new wife), but no one here can see that.

How many times does the ex wife only go for more once she sees the man getting on with his life, gets jealous and wants revenge and goes for his wallet. You know that is what happens.

And no, this doesn't apply to me, I am the happily married woman of a man with no previous marriages or kids. This site is always up in the breakroom here, as one of my coworkers is always reading it, and so I started looking at interesting stories.

What have I noticed? That no matter the situation, you guys ALWAYS take the side of the ex wife. Period. Even when the ex wife is clearly wrong for her intentions and actions.
Actually, you'd be wrong in your assumption. The ex-wife very often gets some pretty harsh input. You just have to read those threads.

jevans

and

try to defend yourselves all you want now and be hateful to me for telling the truth...

but I have actually seen some of you state that this site and its members "are not sympathetic to new wives, new girlfriends or steps"...

not that it wasn't obvious anyway.

ceara19

jevans said:

You apparently haven't been reading much then. Mothers tend to actually get slammed MORE then men and the new girlfriends.

ceara19

jevans said:
try to defend yourselves all you want now and be hateful to me for telling the truth...

but I have actually seen some of you state that this site and its members "are not sympathetic to new wives, new girlfriends or steps"...

I haven't been here as long as many others, but I don't recall ever seeing ANYONE make that type of comment. I know for a FACT I never have.

What you fail to realize is many of the women on here are or were at one time a second wife.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
jevans said:

Do you understand the meaning of the bolded word? A lot of us are HUGE advocates of fathers. But you'd rather stick to your agenda, and will insist that "some" means "all". Idjit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">