• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

absent parent

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

anitap21

What is the name of your state? Georgia

I am a single parent of three and I have a son that is 14 months old and his Father refuses to pay any child support. I haven't filed child support on him due to he is in PA and he states that there is no way that he can be found, in other words "catch me if you can". He doesn't work either, so there goes another problem. I want to know what can be done if he can't be found. I do have an address where his mother stays. I also have his SSN#. Also after accepting him as his son for 13 months, now he decides that he wants a DNA test to really see if he is his son, but he did sign the birth certificate as his Father. He has no reason to doubt that he is his son, only for the reason that he doesn't want to pay child support and take on the responsibilities. What shall I do?

misslawli

Have you lived in Ga long enough to establish residency? or is he the one that left the state? Go down to your local CSE office and talk to them. My friend here in AZ had the same problem and CSE helped her fill out the paperwork and filed everything plus did a fee waiverand they worried about finding him. Worth checking into. Call as many lawyers in your area as you can, many give free consultations. If you don't know where he is, there are ways of finding him. He can be served legal notice through the news paper, etc. There are options available. It may be difficult. But worth it in the end. :eek:

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">