• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

adjust payments??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chazzajo

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?california
i wanted to know ? now that i have filed for legal visitation ,since it has been a problem in the past . will they adjust my payment since i'm spending more time with my son?? :confused:

Benjaline

Visitation percentage increase

chazzajo said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?california
i wanted to know ? now that i have filed for legal visitation ,since it has been a problem in the past . will they adjust my payment since i'm spending more time with my son?? :confused:
I have been helping my boyfriend with his court paperwork. He recently made an agreement with his son's mother, which would come to about 20% visitation throughout the year with him, as it had been at zero for a while. When he took her to court to increase the percentage of visit therefore decreasing the amount of child support he was ordered to pay, his son's mother begged the judge to let him prove it over a 2 year period, then lower his child support...the judge declined and instead raised the percentage from zero to 9% for a year which immediately lowered his support from $404 a month to $346 a month and after that year, which ends in May of this year, we can take her back to court to increase the percentage to 20% which will in effect lower the child support amount. It all depends on if you actually visit with your son and showing the courts that you are doing it. But, yes, the support definitely will be adjusted either way, if you spend more or less time with your child. We live in CA by the way.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">