• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

advice on child support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

isaac

What is the name of your state? Hawaii

I am a single dad with two aweosme kids, my problem lies with there mother, we have been seperated for about 4 years now(never married, only b/f g/f kine) but ever since i have a new girl friend she has put child support on me,, im not grumbling about paying, those are my kids but i have to pay almost $900 a month when i take home just under $2000 a month, there mother is not working, for what reason i dont know,(just lazy) i guess she feels why work when i can just play and get paid right? look i buss my butt 40 hours a week in construction and am forced to work on the weekends just to make MY ends meet while there mother just goofs off and leeches off of me, and i might add that she doesnt even let me see my kids, since new years i have seen them about 5 times and those five times been only a few minutes, she always makes excuses about not the right time or there to busy, i have been paying child support since the begining of the year, but dont people like me have some kind oif rights here? i wasent even the one who fulled around, she was and because of that i have to pay for that??? F@#k that! like i said before i am in no way trying to get out of paying support, but that much?? and she no need work??? i know it doesnt take that much EVERY month to raise two kids, how? i used to raise them before all this happend, what is she doing with the rest of the money not used? i know she never start a savings or something, she spending my hard earned money that supposed to go to the kids on herself and her b/f libing with them, HELP!!!! i am so frustrated aloha...

LdiJ

Child support is based on income and a standard state calculation. Could it be that your child support is high because you didn't provide the courts with your income information?

If you don't have custody/visitation orders in place, then mom calls the shots as far as visitation is concerned.

NotSoNew

file for visitation with the courts, then if she denys you the court ordered time you can file contempt charges. if you dont have any visitations ordered through the court she doesnt have to let you see them.

also ask the court to impute (assign) an income to her based on what she is capable of making or has made previously. they won't do this if you dont ask.

isaac

Mahalo for all the responses,
I did give my income to the courts so they know exactly how much i make and so forth, when i went to court, we made i so that i have joint legal custody but physical she has that, she wanted it that way so that she can get more child support from me, cause if she went joint physical she would get substantially less, the courts told me that the visiting situation had to be worked out amongst each other, and im thinking..... thats why im here so that i can see them more often.
So there is a way for me to execute some kind of action to her thru the courts to get her to work if she is totally capable of working? cause there is no reason why she cant, besides being lazy, cause if she had her own income my monthly to her would go down to, its a sad thing to know that the court system doesnt care about the payee which is usually the dads, they dontcare about the things he has to pay for , they determine how much you have to pay on your gross and not your net, you dont take home gross pay so how can they base it off of that??? i think in many ways child support is great especially for the people who try to get out of paying, im not, i want to pay it just sucks that i have to pay 100% just because there mother doesnt want to work i just want things to be fare here, aloha

isaac

LdiJ

isaac said:
Mahalo for all the responses,
I did give my income to the courts so they know exactly how much i make and so forth, when i went to court, we made i so that i have joint legal custody but physical she has that, she wanted it that way so that she can get more child support from me, cause if she went joint physical she would get substantially less, the courts told me that the visiting situation had to be worked out amongst each other, and im thinking..... thats why im here so that i can see them more often.
So there is a way for me to execute some kind of action to her thru the courts to get her to work if she is totally capable of working? cause there is no reason why she cant, besides being lazy, cause if she had her own income my monthly to her would go down to, its a sad thing to know that the court system doesnt care about the payee which is usually the dads, they dontcare about the things he has to pay for , they determine how much you have to pay on your gross and not your net, you dont take home gross pay so how can they base it off of that??? i think in many ways child support is great especially for the people who try to get out of paying, im not, i want to pay it just sucks that i have to pay 100% just because there mother doesnt want to work i just want things to be fare here, aloha

isaac
The court cannot make her work....all the court can do is impute an income to her based on what she could be earning if she worked....minus what daycare would cost. You also can't be certain that your child support would go down either.....find an online CS calculator for your state and run the numbers based on mom making minimum wage...or whatever else she could reasonably earn....and don't forget to include daycare.

It may be that once your share of daycare gets thrown into the mix, that you wouldn't actually end up paying less.

The reason why the court left visitation between the two of you is because you didn't specifically file a petition for visitation. File a petition now for a set visitation schedule.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">