• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

advice PLEASE

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

green53

What is the name of your state? FL
My ex is making it impossible for me to deal with our current custodial/non-custodial deal. She told me dropped the rear about 8months ago now come ot find out she lied and now it is affecting my credit report. she says give her full custody and she will drop it.. I have always paied child support but according to the state not enought hence the rear back pay.. what do i do? i am seriosly concidering giving full rights.. what do i do and how do i do it? my family supports me on this b/c they know how this women has done me wrong... :confused:

LdiJ

green53 said:
My ex is making it impossible for me to deal with our current custodial/non-custodial deal. She told me dropped the rear about 8months ago now come ot find out she lied and now it is affecting my credit report. she says give her full custody and she will drop it.. I have always paied child support but according to the state not enought hence the rear back pay.. what do i do? i am seriosly concidering giving full rights.. what do i do and how do i do it? my family supports me on this b/c they know how this women has done me wrong... :confused:
If there are valid arrearages your ex doesn't have the option to "drop" them....or at least most judges won't allow her to do that even if she wants to. She can stop going after you for payment of the arrearages but that won't make the arrearages go away....they will stay on your credit report.

green53

Well the thing is that she can and does know how to stop the rearatage but she chose to be lazy and not do so so now its a matter of getting her to sign them which she can do. but what about signing over full custody?

Benjaline

Don't give full rights

green53 said:
I didn't notice what state you are in, but giving up full parental rights will not take away your child support obligations. You should get an attorney to help you out. What exactly is it that she did to affect your credit report. Sounds serious.

Whyte Noise

Benjaline said:
I didn't notice what state you are in, but giving up full parental rights will not take away your child support obligations. You should get an attorney to help you out. What exactly is it that she did to affect your credit report. Sounds serious.
SHE didn't have to do anything.

Child support arreages are reported to the 3 major credit bureaus and put on your credit report.

You don't pay, it's like any other debt and gets added to your report.

LdiJ

green53 said:
Well the thing is that she can and does know how to stop the rearatage but she chose to be lazy and not do so so now its a matter of getting her to sign them which she can do. but what about signing over full custody?
And how do you know this? Because she told you?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">