• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

advice, suggestions...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mrmagoo

What is the name of your state? VA
I pay CS to ex -wife, previously CS included amount to pay for medical on children on ex-wife's insurance. It was a good thing because my ex-wife committed identity theft and I didn't want her to have my information.

It is being changed for me to provide it directly, which presents a problem. In that my ex will have insurance cards with my employer information. I'm wanting to know if there is a way for me to stipulate that she not be provided or have access to my information and that she follow the terms of the order in that she obtains my consent before obtaining any service other than that of a medical emergency.

Basically, I don't want her going to any doctor and telling me that I'm the responsible party or for them to start third party billing me as the custodial parent should be the responsible party because they are the person bringing the child and the person who should be signing the authorization for care. I'm thinking about providing her a letter to present to any provider before I send the new cards so that I'm covered. Any advice or suggestions on this new development would be appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited:

LdiJ

What is the name of your state? VA
I pay CS to ex -wife, previously CS included amount to pay for medical on children on ex-wife's insurance. It was a good thing because my ex-wife committed identity theft and I didn't want her to have my information.

It is being changed for me to provide it directly, which presents a problem. In that my ex will have insurance cards with my employer information. I'm wanting to know if there is a way for me to stipulate that she not be provided or have access to my information and that she follow the terms of the order in that she obtains my consent before obtaining any service other than that of a medical emergency.

Basically, I don't want her going to any doctor and telling me that I'm the responsible party or for them to start third party billing me as the custodial parent should be the responsible party because they are the person bringing the child and the person who should be signing the authorization for care. I'm thinking about providing her a letter to present to any provider before I send the new cards so that I'm covered. Any advice or suggestions on this new development would be appreciated. Thanks!
There is no way...if she is the cp...that you will be able to get away with her being able to seek only emergency care for the children, nor will you be able to get away with not providing her an insurance card. Its just not going to happen.

However....if she attempts to make you the responsible party, you can certainly dispute that with the providers.

MrsK

There is no way...if she is the cp...that you will be able to get away with her being able to seek only emergency care for the children, nor will you be able to get away with not providing her an insurance card. Its just not going to happen.

However....if she attempts to make you the responsible party, you can certainly dispute that with the providers.
I dont think OP was trying to say that the kid can never can have anything other than emergency care but that he be consulted before any NON emergency care occur, which I've seen in other orders and is not neccessarily a bad idea...

ceara19

I dont think OP was trying to say that the kid can never can have anything other than emergency care but that he be consulted before any NON emergency care occur, which I've seen in other orders and is not neccessarily a bad idea...
That's IF BOTH parents are mature enough to care more about the children's well being then getting even with the other parent.

mrmagoo

Everyone, I appreciate your suggestions and comments. For the record, MrsK is correct I'm not trying to get out of providing medical care or anything like that. I was providing it earlier, its just that I was paying for it through CS, reimbursing the custodial parent (CP) who paid for it through her employer.

Also I never said anything about not providing any other care, my modification order states
that the NCP be consulted for non-emergency care which is sometimes common in orders.
The only other issue I asked for advice on was if I could have her present a canned letter stating that the CP is not allowed access to the NCP information and why. Also I'm not trying to get even, I'm just trying to protect myself from further harm.

Believe me, you don't want to go through what I went through regarding identity theft. To have my ex-wife tarnish my reputation, credit as well as threaten my livelihood; not to mention the time, money and anguish while she only gets probation because she has custody of my children. I appreciate the comments, suggestions and advice.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">