• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Advice thanks

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mrmagoo

What is the name of your state? VA
Falsely accused of owing arrears with CSE agency in NC. NC caused actions to be filed in 2003, 2004 and 2005 which I've had to vigorously defended myself. CSE agency subsequently and without merit placed a lien and judgement against me with IRS. 6 months ago CSE agency attorney along with my attorney filed a motion signed by a judge stating that I did not owe any nor were there any adjudicated arrears against me in NC.

Although CSE has this order, it isn't lifting the lien at this time. Attorney is in the process of scheduling a hearing with Administrative Judge to finally settle the matter. Is there any recourse for suing for my legal fees which clearly I would not have paid if the didn't file these illegal actions.

bononos

mrmagoo said:
What is the name of your state? VA
Falsely accused of owing arrears with CSE agency in NC. NC caused actions to be filed in 2003, 2004 and 2005 which I've had to vigorously defended myself. CSE agency subsequently and without merit placed a lien and judgement against me with IRS. 6 months ago CSE agency attorney along with my attorney filed a motion signed by a judge stating that I did not owe any nor were there any adjudicated arrears against me in NC.

Although CSE has this order, it isn't lifting the lien at this time. Attorney is in the process of scheduling a hearing with Administrative Judge to finally settle the matter. Is there any recourse for suing for my legal fees which clearly I would not have paid if the didn't file these illegal actions.
Did you ask your attorney?

LdiJ

bononos said:
Did you ask your attorney?
It also depends on whose fault the whole problem is....the state or your ex....and whether or not there is any possibility of realistically collecting on a civil judgement.

Unless you could find an attorney willing to take the case on contingency, you could spend a whole lot more in legal fees to litigate the matter and maybe lose. Even if you won, your judgement might not be collectable.

However, if its the state's screwup....and that happens more than we realize...then it would sure be nice if precedent could be set by the state losing a civil case over this particular issue.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">