• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Advise needed for hearing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Gettingby2013

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FL

Hello everyone,

I have been reading the board for a while a just joined. I have a hearing set for tomorrow to contest the DOR from suspending my drivers license. I contested it because the amount ordered is not correct...I also filed a request for support order review...which the DOR has approved and has sent a petition to the court to adjust mu support payments. My question is this....does anyone know what I can expect to happen at the hearing tomorrow?

single317dad

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FL

Hello everyone,

I have been reading the board for a while a just joined. I have a hearing set for tomorrow to contest the DOR from suspending my drivers license. I contested it because the amount ordered is not correct...I also filed a request for support order review...which the DOR has approved and has sent a petition to the court to adjust mu support payments. My question is this....does anyone know what I can expect to happen at the hearing tomorrow?
You can expect that the judge will review the petition, and you'll have your opportunity to dispute its accuracy.

How much are your actual arrears?
How many weeks/months does that equate to?
How much does the petition claim you are behind?
Have you reduced that amount significantly since the petition?
How long has it been since you accrued additional arrears (missed all or part of a support payment)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">