• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

AG-Tax Charts

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

atxguy

What is the name of your state? Great State of TEXAS :D

When looking at these tax charts to determine net monthly income, what is the proper way to use the monthly gross wages. For example, if one makes $1,527 in monthly gross wages, which number is used for the chart purposes ($1,500 vs. $1,600 monthly gross wages)?

LdiJ

atxguy said:

When looking at these tax charts to determine net monthly income, what is the proper way to use the monthly gross wages. For example, if one makes $1,527 in monthly gross wages, which number is used for the chart purposes ($1,500 vs. $1,600 monthly gross wages)?
Net monthly income is after tax income...not gross income. Therefore neither would apply unless the tables already build in taxes.

ceara19

atxguy said:

Here's a link to the OAG 2006 tax chart. Make sure you print a copy of it to bring with you to the Child Support hearing. They are very bad about using outdated charts.

http://www.oag.state.tx.us/AG_Publications/pdfs/2006taxcharts.pdf

atxguy

Thanks for the link!

I guess my question is not very clear, so I'll try again. The first step is to figure what your monthly gross wage is and compare it to the chart. I'm sure most people will not make the exact amount listed on the chart (it will be in-between the numbers), so do you round down or up? I say you should use the simple rules of math rounding, but I can not find any guidance.

LdiJ

atxguy said:
Thanks for the link!

I guess my question is not very clear, so I'll try again. The first step is to figure what your monthly gross wage is and compare it to the chart. I'm sure most people will not make the exact amount listed on the chart (it will be in-between the numbers), so do you round down or up? I say you should use the simple rules of math rounding, but I can not find any guidance.
Odds are that you are expected to round up. I looked at the chart and it doesn't spell that out, but in most tax tables that I am familiar with, the expectation is that someone will round up.

ceara19

LdiJ said:
Odds are that you are expected to round up. I looked at the chart and it doesn't spell that out, but in most tax tables that I am familiar with, the expectation is that someone will round up.
With the OAG in Texas, it's usually 49 & under, round down, 50 & over, round up.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">