• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Agency won't take tips?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Thrax44

My girlfriends ex was ordered to pay almost 700 a month for child support to her. He lives on another island and we live in Hawaii County. He works at a high end restaurant, doesn't really make a wage and makes good money in tips, about 50k. The tips are divided at the end of the night amount at themselves. The child support agency here has placed an income withholding against him but since he earns no wage they told her they can't collect anything from him. This doesn't seem right to us, is there anything we can do?

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
My girlfriends ex was ordered to pay almost 700 a month for child support to her. He lives on another island and we live in Hawaii County. He works at a high end restaurant, doesn't really make a wage and makes good money in tips, about 50k. The tips are divided at the end of the night amount at themselves. The child support agency here has placed an income withholding against him but since he earns no wage they told her they can't collect anything from him. This doesn't seem right to us, is there anything we can do?
SHE could prove his income. WE can do nothing.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
This is NONE of your business.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">