• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

aggravated mom

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sinae

What is the name of your state? fl
Hello, I am so tired of trying to get my sons father to pay his support. My son is 13 yrs now and i havent gotten a penny from his father. I took him to court and he is supposed to be paying 375. a month inc. arrears. Now he has a new family and two babys. He is living in a nice house has three cars and a boat, and here me and my son are basically living house to house right now b/c I cant afford a down payment to move in an apartment Nobody is doing anything about this. Why wont anyone help me? Who can I talk to about this? Thank You

Bleve69

sinae said:
Hello, I am so tired of trying to get my sons father to pay his support. My son is 13 yrs now and i havent gotten a penny from his father. I took him to court and he is supposed to be paying 375. a month inc. arrears. Now he has a new family and two babys. He is living in a nice house has three cars and a boat, and here me and my son are basically living house to house right now b/c I cant afford a down payment to move in an apartment Nobody is doing anything about this. Why wont anyone help me? Who can I talk to about this? Thank You

You need to get an income deduction order. Try going through the Department of Labor.

T

topshelf

sinae said:

While the man should be paying his support, this is an excellent lesson on how not to depend on support. Anyone can max out their credit on cars and houses. Stop worrying about what he has and start trying to better your son's life. There are no guarentees in life, your support problem is a prime example.

File for contempt, and find a better job.

nextwife

topshelf said:
While the man should be paying his support, this is an excellent lesson on how not to depend on support. Anyone can max out their credit on cars and houses. Stop worrying about what he has and start trying to better your son's life. There are no guarentees in life, your support problem is a prime example.

File for contempt, and find a better job.
And if he's married, it's entirely possible that the house and goodies are paid for by his wife. I owned my own car and home, etc. PRE husband, and I know many women who have bought homes and cars ALONE while supporting children (I have one friend who is a single adoptive mom of SEVERAL kids on just a teacher's salary.)

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">