• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Agreed Modification ?'s

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mom428

What is the name of your state? IN.

My ex and I have agreed on a modification of the child support amount. We would like to file without an assistance of an attorney since we're in agreement. I plan on calling the county clerks office.. but thought I might find some pointers here as well. My questions...

1. We have agreed to a lesser amount than the support worksheet amount, will a court hearing be necessary since we agree to lower it?

2. Currently he pays support by check, but would like to pay by having it taken directly from his check through the clerks office for record keeping, Is that simple to setup without an attorney?

thanks in advance,
mom428

Litigation!

mom428 said:
What is the name of your state? IN.

My ex and I have agreed on a modification of the child support amount. We would like to file without an assistance of an attorney since we're in agreement. I plan on calling the county clerks office.. but thought I might find some pointers here as well. My questions...

1. We have agreed to a lesser amount than the support worksheet amount, will a court hearing be necessary since we agree to lower it?

2. Currently he pays support by check, but would like to pay by having it taken directly from his check through the clerks office for record keeping, Is that simple to setup without an attorney?

thanks in advance,
mom428

My response:

First, we answer legal questions; i.e., We do not "walk" people through any processes.

Second, a court will not give you "its blessing" on any agreement if the amount is less than the guideline amount in your State. Also, it won't grant your request if the child is not living in the "financial lifestyle" of the wealthier parent.

IAAL

Last edited:

Bali Hai

Litigation! said:
My response:

First, we answer legal questions; i.e., We do not "walk" people through any processes.

Second, a court will not give you "its blessing" on any agreement if the amount is less than the guideline amount in your State. Also, it won't grant your request if the child is not living the in the "financial lifestyle" of the wealthier parent.

IAAL
I love this man! Smart, tough and to the point!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">