• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

All Children Support Order

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kcharries

The state of the support order is Oklahoma.
Have been paying support for many years for my 3 children. Two turned 18 and have graduated high school. One of them in May. I received a letter from the state saying that I am no longer obligated to pay for him and shortly there after my support automatically modified to lower the support. Today I received a new order raising it back to the original limit. I called and they said I have an "All Children Support Order" or "All Child Support Order" and that it will never decrease even when some of the children have graduated. My son that just graduated now lives with me. Have you heard of such an order? What causes this kind of order to be imposed? How do I get it changed? Is this a real kind of order?
The person at the OKDHS office said I could protest it in writing to the district office. I plan to do this but do you know if this is enough and my chances of being successful at getting this order modified.
Thanks.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

mistoffolees

The state of the support order is Oklahoma.
Have been paying support for many years for my 3 children. Two turned 18 and have graduated high school. One of them in May. I received a letter from the state saying that I am no longer obligated to pay for him and shortly there after my support automatically modified to lower the support. Today I received a new order raising it back to the original limit. I called and they said I have an "All Children Support Order" or "All Child Support Order" and that it will never decrease even when some of the children have graduated. My son that just graduated now lives with me. Have you heard of such an order? What causes this kind of order to be imposed? How do I get it changed? Is this a real kind of order?
The person at the OKDHS office said I could protest it in writing to the district office. I plan to do this but do you know if this is enough and my chances of being successful at getting this order modified.
Thanks.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
It's entirely possible. Let's start by having you give us the exact wording of your support order - word for word, but without the names.

kcharries

I have my recent modification from 2009 where my oldest child graduated from high school. It has the computation pages attached where the calculations were done for 2 children.
Maybe I just need to formally request another modification?

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
I have my recent modification from 2009 where my oldest child graduated from high school. It has the computation pages attached where the calculations were done for 2 children.
Maybe I just need to formally request another modification?
Maybe. But w/o the actual wording of the order - no one can provide insight. Perhaps you need to retain an attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">