• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Allan Barber:

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Silverplum

We consider name-calling to be rude; and thread-deleting to be cowardly.

This is the part of your thread I caught before you deleted, and in no way were any of us {insert your rude word here}.

"You guys are all a bunch of dumbasses - are you even lawyers or just teenage boys with nothing better to do?" = Pretty Dang Rude of you. :(

Today, 12:58 PM
mistoffolees
Senior Member Join Date: Mar 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by LdiJ
I did. I interpreted it the same way that Silverplum did, and I still interpret it that way.

Read the rules. If the state is involved in collecting the money, the money goes directly to the child:

http://www.oregonchildsupport.gov/laws/rules/055_5110.pdf

Quote:
(5) The Department of Justice will distribute and disburse support directly to the child attending school, unless good cause is found to distribute and disburse support in some other manner. For purposes of this section Agood cause@ may include:
(a) The child is in the care of OYA;
(b) The child provides written notarized authorization for distribution and disbursement to the obligee;
(c) The court, administrative law judge or administrator orders otherwise; or
(d) The administrator is enforcing the Oregon order at the request of another state and that state has indicated they are unable to distribute and disburse support directly to the child.

So, unless the specific court orders otherwise or one of the other exceptions is met, the money goes directly to the child.

Clearly, they are interpreting the rule the way I am. The money goes to the child by default.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shay
Dear OP--

It is our unanimous opinion that you are damn right and it should be obvious to any moron that your (ex) (SO’s ex) (boss) (landlord) (local police) should be immediately (jailed) (fired) (reprimanded) (arrested) (demoted) (shot) (evicted). In fact, you are so astonishingly correct in this matter, it will not surprise us one bit if you are offered a generous settlement, because, by golly, that’s just how it should be.

Find a Family Law Attorney

mistoffolees
View Public Profile
Send a private message to mistoffolees
Find all posts by mistoffolees

#17 Today, 01:42 PM
Allan Barber
Junior Member Join Date: Oct 2011

Child support increase

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You guys are all a bunch of dumbasses - are you even lawyers or just teenage boys with nothing better to do?

Find a Family Law Attorney

Allan Barber
View Public Profile
Find all posts by Allan Barber

#18 Today, 01:44 PM
Silverplum
Senior Member Join Date: Jan 2005

Feel free to pay an attorney to figure out your question/s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan Barber
You guys are all a bunch of dumbasses - are you even lawyers or just teenage boys with nothing better to do?

mistoffolees

We consider name-calling to be rude; and thread-deleting to be cowardly.

This is the part of your thread I caught before you deleted, and in no way were any of us {insert your rude word here}.

"You guys are all a bunch of dumbasses - are you even lawyers or just teenage boys with nothing better to do?" = Pretty Dang Rude of you. :
The sad thing is that he got the answers to his questions.

I think he just didn't like my signature....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">