• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

am i included in modification of child support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

debo2575

What is the name of your state?South Carolina
my husband is going back to court for modification of child support in the state of boston, MA and i was wondering could they garnish my wages in with his because the mother wants more pay and adding a second child to his garnishment... in the modification he is actually making less so the amount will go down..but i am concerned about my wages because i have two children of my own to take care of...so could you explain to me how this would work in reference to me and my income.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
It's pretty unlikely. The circumstances under which your income MIGHT be considered is if he's substantially in arrears or is voluntarily underemployed. Some states sometimes include a spouse's income solely for the purposes of how much it may free up the NCPs income for support. But you're not likely to be garnished.

nextwife

stealth2 said:
Some states sometimes include a spouse's income solely for the purposes of how much it may free up the NCPs income for support.
That never made sense to me, unless the same is done when calculating the impact of another income producing adult living with the CP.

VeronicaGia

nextwife said:
That never made sense to me, unless the same is done when calculating the impact of another income producing adult living with the CP.
I'm sure some bonehead would figure out a way that this situation would be "harmful" to the child. WHAT ABOUT THE CHILDREN? WHAAAAAA!

haiku

VeronicaGia said:
I'm sure some bonehead would figure out a way that this situation would be "harmful" to the child. WHAT ABOUT THE CHILDREN? WHAAAAAA!
no kidding!

to the OP, for a normal modification, your income will have no bearing on his support, and you should not be asked by the court, nor should you offer it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">