• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Am I paying too much???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Dman2

What is the name of your state? Missouri

I got divorced in September 2005. My ex wife does not have a job but very capable of having a job but choices not to. When she did have a job she was making more than I did. Now she is telling me she has a job but wont tell me where. I am paying $600 for a 4 year old child. She has no rent to pay. I have a 13 year old from another woman and I pay $340. I make $45,000 before taxes. I have rent, truck payment...etc.. Why am I paying more for my 4 year old??? I feel this is too much to be paying.What is the name of your state?

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Hmmm... maybe you make more now than you did when the order went through for your 13yo? How the heck are we to know?

But I'd suggest you stop making babies, or stop getting divorced. 'Cause you're gonna be living in a box soon.

Gracie3787

Dman2 said:
What is the name of your state? Missouri

I got divorced in September 2005. My ex wife does not have a job but very capable of having a job but choices not to. When she did have a job she was making more than I did. Now she is telling me she has a job but wont tell me where. I am paying $600 for a 4 year old child. She has no rent to pay. I have a 13 year old from another woman and I pay $340. I make $45,000 before taxes. I have rent, truck payment...etc.. Why am I paying more for my 4 year old??? I feel this is too much to be paying.What is the name of your state?
I don't know if your state uses both parents' incomes to figure CS, but if it does you can file for a modification based on ex's new job. Before you do that though, go to an on-line CS calculator and run different numbers to see if a modification will lower or raise your CS. If you don't know what ex's income is, make some guesses and find out an approximate amount for CS.

NotSoNew

does the mom of your 13 year old work? if so that could be why you are paying less for the 13 year old and more for the 4. you can ask that an income be assigned (imputed) to the mother of your 4 year old based on her previously empoyment history. Oh wait you said she was working, then file for a modification and she has to provide that info to the court. google search Missouri Child Support Calculator and run the numbers yourself. Also did you receive a credit for the CS you pay for your 13 year old on your 4 year olds CS (as long as the CS is court ordered for the 13 year old)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">