• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Another child support contempt hearing next week

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? TX

Hello everyone! I am going crazy over here. My child support contempt hearing has been rescheduled three time in the last six months now. Next hearing coming up next week. The problem being that they have been unable to serve him and he has "seemingly" dropped off all radar screens since 2004. No bills, no vehicles, no houses, no loans, no employment, nothing coming up for the last 4 years. The OAG is recommending fines and suspension of drivers license. Which makes no sense seeing that he does not have a drivers license at this time, is has not been renewed since 2000.
Please tell me what is the best bet to take here. I have talked to some PI's but they all want retainers near $1500 or more because of all the leg work involved in the case.
Is there no other way to get this done?????:(

Zephyr

What is the name of your state? TX

Hello everyone! I am going crazy over here. My child support contempt hearing has been rescheduled three time in the last six months now. Next hearing coming up next week. The problem being that they have been unable to serve him and he has "seemingly" dropped off all radar screens since 2004. No bills, no vehicles, no houses, no loans, no employment, nothing coming up for the last 4 years. The OAG is recommending fines and suspension of drivers license. Which makes no sense seeing that he does not have a drivers license at this time, is has not been renewed since 2000.
Please tell me what is the best bet to take here. I have talked to some PI's but they all want retainers near $1500 or more because of all the leg work involved in the case.
Is there no other way to get this done?????:(
I can't remember all of your situation...with 4 years of nothing, is it possible he's dead?

I can't remember all of your situation...with 4 years of nothing, is it possible he's dead?
Just a little of background:

Married in 2002. Daughter born in 2002. He disappeared when she was six months old. Divorce finalized 6/2006. Child Support currently $18k in arrears. He has never paid. No visitation rights for him.

As of 11/07, he was still alive. He violated the CO and called me to complain and state he was never going to pay anything.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">