• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Another Judge Who Hates Men!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

micp1480

I entered a New Jersey marital courtroom in May of 2011 on the grounds to lower my child support, and this was due to a salary reduction. I represented myself (Pro Se), and this is because I didn't have two pennies to myself, and my ex-wife hired an attorney, and why? Because she didn't want the judge to know exactly how much she makes. I presented to the judge a Case Information Sheet, and he was not concern about ordering for her to submit one as well. I also showed the Judge a picture of her house on the water for which she rents with her husband, a SUV, a Camper, and a Boat, all of which she bought within one year, and just recently purchased a brand new camper. Her husband has some legal charges and so he can't drive a car, and he doesn't work. my ex-wife makes over 100,000.00 a year, and I, under 50,000.00. What is up with these judges, I read that they were going to be scrutinizing their cases and judging fairly. I guess if you are a guy you better off showing up in court in a dress, maybe we would win a few.

cyjeff

Her husband's income doesn't matter.

Her purchases don't matter.

All that matters is your income, her income, your custody and the calculation.

When you ran the numbers through the calculator, how far off is your support number?

micp1480

Cyjeff, thank you for your advise, but I can't run numbers if I don't know what they are. If there was a way to find out how much she actually makes, then I know what direction I am going in. I know she is over 100,000.00. She is a Nurse Manager who is associated with the largest health care provider in the US, and she is a part time sales consultant.

cyjeff

Cyjeff, thank you for your advise, but I can't run numbers if I don't know what they are. If there was a way to find out how much she actually makes, then I know what direction I am going in. I know she is over 100,000.00. She is a Nurse Manager who is associated with the largest health care provider in the US, and she is a part time sales consultant.
when the nice judge made a determination of what your child support would be, your ex's income was part of that calculation.

If you didn't ask for that... you just paid a "lawyers are too expensive" tax.

justalayman

If you didn't ask for that... you just paid a "lawyers are too expensive" tax.
I like that. Very appropriate term.

micp; while a court can demand a lot of things, especially in a family court in these types of situations, should they not demand anything, the onus is upon the plaintiff to prove their case. Your failure to take the appropriate actions to demand she provide proper proof of her income is why you are where you are.

As to trying to claim the "purchases" prove some great income; how do you know they are purchases rather than rental/leases? How do you know there were not loans obtained for the purchases? How do you know they were even hers?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">