• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Any NY child support experts here???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

momov3grlz69

What is the name of your state?New York.....How do you present financials to court without revealing income of spouse not party in suit?? Going back for up/mod of CS, and don't think ex should see income of new spouse...really none of his business....isn't it like asking my neighbor to show my ex their financials....what business is that if his???? :confused:

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
You can generally have an accountant redact the spouse's income from a joint return. Otherwise, if the other side won't accept that, you can request that the judge and attorneys only be allowed to view the return in chambers.

BL

If this is through Family Court , each Party is required to submit Financial Forms provided by the Court . The Other Party doesn't see it . The Hearing Officer does .

momov3grlz69

In our preliminary hearing last week the Judge said we need to exchange financials to each other by the 7th of feb.....I will be faxing a letter to the Judge (court clerk recomended) today, requesting that the personal financials of my current husband only be seen by the courts...not the other party. We'll see how that goes. Just not sure what Docs I can provide only to the court, without being in contempt of her (judge's) request.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Well, your ex IS entitled to discovery. You're not going to be able to have everything go to only the judge.

The way we handled the income info is that my ex presented us with a redacted tax return, and provided the judge with a full return so that he could assure himself that only the new wife's financial info had been removed. The ex had played fast and loose with figures before, so it was a reasonable thing to check.

momov3grlz69

What is "redacted"??? Can only my accountant prepare this??? The returns from 2003 are being used...can this be done on those returns??? The 2004s won't be prepared in time for the court date. :confused:

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Redact is a fancy word for edit. And yes, you would likely need an accountant to do this as I don't think you can simply subtract the numbers. But you shouls talk to your lawyer about it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">